gas mileage

fazertazer1

What kind of gas mileage you guys getting? I'll ride about 80 miles and my Gauge will be on the last bar blinking. When I put gas in it only takes like 2.5 gallons. Doesn't seem right to me. Think my gauge could be off? I'm scared to run out of gas lol

3.7 gallons

I fill up at 135 miles in daily in town traffic. I once did 166 miles in four gallons, all highway. I am very conservative and rarely take it over 5k rpm.

Don't expect great gas mileage from the FZ1. If that's important to you, you bought the wrong bike. Enjoy the bike for what it is. Fuel economy is not a priority for this bike.

Work out the gas mileage the proper way. Go to the gas station and fill the bike on the centre stand right to the neck. Go for a nice long ride and record the distance traveled. Fill the bike back up again while on the centre stand back to the neck. Record the amount of fuel used for the distance travelled. The further you travel the more acurate your fuel economy numbers will be.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried about gas mileage. My old bike was a 94 cb 1000 and that thing got horrible gas mileage. But I wasn't easy on her either. I just thought it was strange that when my light would flash and I went to the gas station it only took 2.5 gallons to fill. They are 4.7 gallon tank correct? So when it half full my light comes on?

Mileage Is All In The Wrist

I'm currently at 165 miles and have one "bar" left to go. Mostly go on to reserve about 160 to 170 miles but did go 179.8 once.

I'm in the Hill Country and don't ride in the city. Pretty steady riding.

Have got 48+ MPG but 46/47 is more common and it can go down to 42.

My Gen 1 has gone over 200 before reserve and I've filled up at 220+. Best mileage on her is 54 MPG but 50/51 is average.

You won't get that mileage in the Traffic Light Grand Prix but tune your mix right and ride smooth and you'll get it. Popping in your exhaust? Gas you're not burning in the cylinders.

None of my friends with "jet kits" or banzai mapping get the same mileage and they can't outrun me either.

Am I right in thinking you have the full ivans package ??
You Cant have it all ways ! .. I get around 140 miles per tank with just a slip on & filter

I'm currently at 165 miles and have one "bar" left to go. Mostly go on to reserve about 160 to 170 miles but did go 179.8 once.

I'm in the Hill Country and don't ride in the city. Pretty steady riding.

Have got 48+ MPG but 46/47 is more common and it can go down to 42.

My Gen 1 has gone over 200 before reserve and I've filled up at 220+. Best mileage on her is 54 MPG but 50/51 is average.

You won't get that mileage in the Traffic Light Grand Prix but tune your mix right and ride smooth and you'll get it. Popping in your exhaust? Gas you're not burning in the cylinders.

None of my friends with "jet kits" or banzai mapping get the same mileage and they can't outrun me either.

So you have a Gen 1, ReconViper?

with all mods and a full tank i make around 230km ~ 143 miles....extra urban driving....before the last line starts flashing...from what i calculate an approx 7l/100km would be the consumption.

Am I right in thinking you have the full ivans package ??
You Cant have it all ways ! .. I get around 140 miles per tank with just a slip on & filter
Yes I have the ivan full package. I understand that's going to put a damper on my gas mileage. All I'm saying is I don't quite understand why my light flashes when I should have 2 gallons left in my tank.

According to the Fuelly log, I average 37.4 miles per US gallon. Most of my mileage is around town.

Best was just over 45mpg and that was without really trying.

Worst was 32.8mpg but that was mostly travelling at speeds that would get you locked up if caught.

I just thought it was strange that when my light would flash and I went to the gas station it only took 2.5 gallons to fill. They are 4.7 gallon tank correct? So when it half full my light comes on?

I agree that this is weird and is worth looking into. This is the issue and not gas mileage

When I ride her how she's supposed to be ridden, I get 38mpg (uk) which is Appauling for a modern litre bike!

I've done the fuelly app for 70+ fills and about 8k miles religiously, and get an average of just over 40mpg (uk).

Best I got was 48, but that was dawdling along with my skinny sister on the back.

I've learned to just enjoy the bike for what it is, a comfy sports bike. I now just fill her up at 120 miles on a blast out, about 150 on motorway riding, as you really want to get off at that point because your ass is in agony!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

The fuel gage is probably hanging up or is misadjusted....it's no big deal. Back in the day, before fuel gages were available on bikes, you pretty well kept track of the mileage and when the bike went on reserve you looked for a gas station. Fill it up and go for a long ride, say 100 miles, and drive like you normally do, then refill it and note the mileage travelled. Do the math and that is your average mpg and that shouldn't vary too much. From that you can figure out how far you can go before you hit the theoretical reserve point.

Yep something is up. Even when I get on mine (which was every time I'm out) I fill up at 140miles. Doing the math miles ridden divided by how many gls I added it's always 36-39MPG

Back