FZ1N Headlight adapter

Just got a call from the dealership telling me the headlight plug on my FZ1 does not mate with the FZ1N headlight I got from Yamaha. Is there a ready-made adapter, or do I have to start cutting wires?

I'd like to hear an answer to this also. If it is not "plug and play" then I will go back to planning on a big round headlight like a Honda 919. I love round headlights but I hate splicing wires so I was planning on the Yamaha light. If it requires splicing then it provides no advantage except costing twice as much.

Roy

Narrowing the problem down. Seems that I'm missing a large chunk of wiring, but I'm not sure as I have little to no frame of reference. There is a large octopus on my FZ1S that plugs in to the headlights, signal lights, guage package, and in to the bike on the left side behind where the fairing was. On my new headlight, there is a small octopus that plugs in to the headlight, in to the marker lights over the headlight in the headlight assembly, in to the signals, and has a 6-pin plug at the other end. I am assuming there is a part number that connects this 6-pin adapter to the bike, and also has a connecter for the guage package and for the relays? Anyone had a FZ1N apart lately that can point me in the right direction? If anyone has their tank off a stock FZ1N please send me a photo of what it looks like behind the headlight!

Think you need to use your existing harness. Only use one of the plugs for the light. The kit wire harness is Euro, so you will not use it. NO splicing required. But you will have to tie up the loose end of the other wire light plug.

Back