Fz1n bar end removal?

Delta

Hi guys just a question on the bar ends. Ok I have standard bars on the bike (2006 FZ1n) with R&G weighted bar ends, there's a 4mm hex bolt that holds them on. On removing the bar end there's the m6 bolt hole in the end of the bar that holds the bar end weight.
My question is, can I remove that insert in the handlebar? The reason being is I want to fit a pair of Oberon bar end mirrors. (£130 a pair) The mirrors come with their own expanding type insert so I can't fit them Grrr
So can I remove the insert in my bars to make way for the new one?
If I can how do you do it?

Cheers guys'll

Hmm didn't really want to do that as I need it to be clean and smooth for the new bar end mirrors.
Anyone else got the answer?

Yep and they are more comfortable and look way better too, you'll never look back.

Looking at your extensive mods list, this will be yet another worthwhile upgrade.

If you don't want to go that route just drill out the offending inserts like was suggested above and pull everything out bit by bit.

I have Rizoma bars and bar ends & love them, I did however tap my bars and make my own insert with a tapped hole in that which I screw the bar ends into because the expandable inserts are cr@p. My bar ends screw onto my bars now securely now.

I'd use a bolt with the same thread as the existing bar ends, drill out the new bar end hole and screw them on. You may need to use a washer/spacer as the stock bar end has a flange that recesses inside the grips.

I have Rizoma bars and bar ends & love them, I did however tap my bars and make my own insert with a tapped hole in that which I screw the bar ends into because the expandable inserts are cr@p. My bar ends screw onto my bars now securely now.

I'd use a bolt with the same thread as the existing bar ends, drill out the new bar end hole and screw them on. You may need to use a washer/spacer as the stock bar end has a flange that recesses inside the grips.

Hi fella all I want to do is just fit a set of Oberon bar end mirrors that have their own inset expanding type bolt system. I just want to take the captive thread out of my standard bars for now. The Oberon mirrors are £130 for 2 so I didn't really want to buy new bars and risers all at once. I want to see if I can get on with bar end mirrors too, before I go buying new bars n risers lol.
Does anyone know how to take out the thread in the bar end?
Do you knock it right in or drill it out?
Or is it a cant be done job?

If you want to use the stock bars, you'd be better off modifying the bar end than the bar. Just buy a bolt/cap head the same thread as the stock bar end cap head, drill the hole in the new bar end to fit and bolt it to the existing bar. Trying to remove the thread from the stock bar will require drilling.

Ok does anyone know if the 2010-2013 bars fit a 2006 fz1n?
I can get these in Renthal bars but not sure if all fz1 bars are the same fit.

yes mate they will fit, it's pretty much the same bike from 06 to 15 except for colour, ECU and minor suspension differences.

Sent from my Nexus 5

yes mate they will fit, it's pretty much the same bike from 06 to 15 except for colour, ECU and minor suspension differences.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Excellent... I only see 2010 on Renthal bars on ebay for £39.95 and thought f#*k it. If they fit the that's great. Now do I use flat drag bars on my naked or ultra low. I'm guessing the flat drag bars will look better on a naked. Any idears ?
To think I only wanted Oberon bar end mirrors, now I'm looking at bars too, shit happend eh lol.

Excellent... I only see 2010 on Renthal bars on ebay for £39.95 and thought f#*k it. If they fit the that's great. Now do I use flat drag bars on my naked or ultra low. I'm guessing the flat drag bars will look better on a naked. Any idears ?
To think I only wanted Oberon bar end mirrors, now I'm looking at bars too, shit happend eh lol.

Yep, that's how it goes. The mods never seem to stop lol.
I've had my bike for over 4 years and I'm always spending money on it.
As long as you can afford it, it's all good :)

Ok Ive been and bought the 658 renthal flat bars in blue. Just need to order the Oberon bar end mirrors now. It's all money your right there fella, but as I love the bike so much I'll just keep modding it ;-)

Back