FZ1 vs. MT-10

My 2009 FZ1S was modded, full system, power commander, airbox, etc, but I kept my 2012 FZ1S completely stock as far as the engine goes. The MT10 is wayyyyy faster than both. Take one for a test ride and you will just have to get one like me...that cross plane engine, it's just phenomenal :)
I can second this. Test rode an MT-10 recently. Not only is it genuinely quicker, the power-availability is incredible. You've got to work the FZ1 to get it shifting, but the MT-10 is just constant madness (especially in 'B' mode) - like a cross between the delivery of a twin and a v4. Soundtrack is intoxicating with a de-cat pipe, handling is vastly improved over the FZ1 but the brakes are, in true Yamaha mono-block fashion, a bit 'wooden' albeit still powerful. This is apparently easily remedied with a set of aftermarket pads (Brembo) and if you like more initial bite, some braided lines. I need one. Now.

It's just a way better bike. There's 10 years of development between them, and the mt10 incorporates almost every new technology they have on the r1. Just just can't even compare them. I love my fz1 but when I have the money for a mt10 I'm selling it. I just want more fun, and safer fun.

Skickat från min HTC 10 via Tapatalk

I used to have a 06 FZ1 and really liked that bike. Now having the FZ10, I can say this bike is everything that I wished the FZ1 was and love it!!

The power is amazing and how it is delivered is well done. The Traction Control and Power Modes are great to adjust the power and delivery for riding preferences and weather conditions.

Cruise Control...Cruise Control...Cruise Control. Enough said. LOL

Some either like the looks of the bike or don't. I love that it is very unique from other bikes.

My former 06 FZ1 and my now FZ10 below.

fz1 1.jpg20161117_100211-2.jpg

I used to have a 06 FZ1 and really liked that bike. Now having the FZ10, I can say this bike is everything that I wished the FZ1 was and love it!!

The power is amazing and how it is delivered is well done. The Traction Control and Power Modes are great to adjust the power and delivery for riding preferences and weather conditions.

Some either like the looks of the bike or don't. I love that it is very unique from other bikes.

View attachment 23822View attachment 23823
How's the wind protection at 130-150 km/h?

How's the wind protection at 130-150 km/h?

That's the one of the things keeping me from getting a FZ10, that and waiting for either a SW Motech or GIVI Rack for the V35 side cases. I do a lot of distance touring and the wind would be a problem. As it is the FZ1 Gen2 with a ZG touring screen is the bare minimum.

View attachment 23822View attachment 23823

How much was your FZ1 modified?
I'm really curious how a modified FZ1 will perform against a stock FZ10

Back