FZ1 Top Saddlery seat installed! (More pics added)

Trying to navigate through their website is difficult if you have been up for 18 hours. I like good value, but the drop downs were not working for me MS XP OS.

I know I am reviving an old thread here but it is directly related to my search. I am looking at ordering one of these seats as I need a softer seat for long distance touring. for thoe's that have them, is there anything you should have changed ( long option, gel, lowered etc)? I see that they have the standard option in stock and it is cheaper than the custom seats but lets face it, this is one purchase that should be done right the first time.

Thanks for any and all input.

Brad

I know I am reviving an old thread here but it is directly related to my search. I am looking at ordering one of these seats as I need a softer seat for long distance touring. for thoe's that have them, is there anything you should have changed ( long option, gel, lowered etc)? I see that they have the standard option in stock and it is cheaper than the custom seats but lets face it, this is one purchase that should be done right the first time.

Thanks for any and all input.

Brad

I would NOT change anything on mine. Default length and height were fine for me, but I would definately get the gel inserts again. Although the custom options take longer / cost more, I think it was worth it to have the exact style and materials I wanted.

P1030370.jpg

P1030371.jpg

P1030447.jpg

I bought a standard for my FZ1 the first time and felt very cramped with the "boys" pushing on the tank. I sold that set to Norm who has a smaller rear that I have and ordered the LONG option. Perfect! No gel or heater. No regrets!!!

Thanks for the information. Winter is here and the bikes have been put away so waiting for a custom order is not a problem. Think I will pull the trigger on a seat for the FZ and the wifes Bandit.

Thanks for the information. Winter is here and the bikes have been put away so waiting for a custom order is not a problem. Think I will pull the trigger on a seat for the FZ and the wifes Bandit.

If you want to see one up close and compare to the OEM Gel seat PM me and you can come over to my place and see both in the flesh (as it were). My garage is a bit crowded at the moment, but it wouldn't take long to move things around. That way you could throw a leg over and actually see what they feel like.

Airdrie is a short drive from my place and a week-night, or weekend morning would work for me.

TSseat.jpg

TopSellerieinstalled.jpg

pilotseatscompared.jpg

Last edited:
Old School,

Great looking seat. What selections of material, piping and stiching colors, and length\height\gel did you specify for that seat?

I am concidering a purchase from them and am leaning toward long, raised, and gel, but am still very unsure on seat material, piping and stiching colors.

Thanks

Old School,

Great looking seat. What selections of material, piping and stiching colors, and length\height\gel did you specify for that seat?

I am concidering a purchase from them and am leaning toward long, raised, and gel, but am still very unsure on seat material, piping and stiching colors.

Thanks

I bought it from another member of the forum, and to be honest I have no idea. I simply liked the colours and had heard good things about the seat, from this thread's originator (Eric). The previous owner was not satisfied with the end result and sold it to recover some of his investment. I was the person who benefited from his choices. Perhaps he will pipe up and share the specifications that went into its construction. I just know that I like it.:woot:

It does have silver stitching, and piping. The suede like material is very soft and velvety (and grippy) The seat itself is soft but firm. I think the seat as I have it is the short(or regular) and if I were to order it myself I would order "Long". The material on the sections that I actually sit on is a smoother leather-like material and is grippier than the factory seat (and much more so than the OEM gel seat) but does not impede moving around for corners. If you look at the seat above my post and then mine you will see that the two are almost exactly oposite in how the 2 different materials are used on the seats (smooth vs. suede sections). The suede material would be very sticky for transitioning in corners IMO) but then it would also be very comfy for the cruising parts of a ride. I don't think you can go wrong either way really.

Last edited:
Back