FZ1 Riders Show us your baby!!

Here's mine:
IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

fz1.jpg

Aside from some frame sliders it's still fully stock. I plan on getting a tag eliminator for it and I'm thinking about custom exhaust but I'm not sure. I really love the way the stock exhaust looks and I haven't seen a custom job yet that I thought looked nearly as sharp. I've also toyed with the idea of putting a turbo on it but as far as I know there aren't any kits for the 2010 model yet and having a custom manifold machined would get into more money than I want to spend on it. Plus turbos aren't exactly easy on the engine and it's not like it doesn't have plenty of power already.

.... My FJ-R1-R6-FZ1- YZF1000

...... Hi,... My name is Jeff, I am in the sunshine state.
... and I have a 86 FJ1200 with a R1 nose, R6 tail, YZF1000 swingarm and FZ1 wheels, brakes and front forks.

Last edited:
...... Hi,... My name is Jeff, I am in the sunshine state.
... and I have a 86 FJ1200 with a R1 nose, R6 tail, YZF1000 swingarm and FZ1 wheels, brakes and front forks.

That is one mutt you got there ;) Very unique bike that's for sure! Oh and it looks good :D

Hi guys, newbie here.

Just picked this up last Tuesday. What an amazing bike. I feel like it fits me to a "T". I'm 5'10", 165 lbs, and I have no body-positioning problems on this bike. Reach is comfortable and knee angles are also very comfortable.

I have had many bikes throughout the years, but nothing that has had quite the finish and feel that this bike has. Rock solid on the road and plenty of power.

This is a great forum with lots of good information. I hope to participate.

Dave

Hi guys, newbie here.

Just picked this up last Tuesday. What an amazing bike. I feel like it fits me to a "T". I'm 5'10", 165 lbs, and I have no body-positioning problems on this bike. Reach is comfortable and knee angles are also very comfortable.

I have had many bikes throughout the years, but nothing that has had quite the finish and feel that this bike has. Rock solid on the road and plenty of power.

This is a great forum with lots of good information. I hope to participate.

Dave

:welcome: and congrats on the new '10 ride! I like that Yamaha has blacked out more of the bike for the new model year. You'd about the perfect build candidate for this bike. I'm 5' 10" but a bit heavier so I either have to lose even more weight or buy some heavy suspension. ;)

fz1 S Cal

New Hotness! Now I feel like I've officially joined this forum!

• Scorpion Carbon Fiber GP Exhaust
  • Power Commander III USB
  • CRG Roll-a-Click Levers
  • Speedo Healer (VERY accurate speedometer)
  • Carbon Fiber Chain Guard
  • Carbon Fiber Heel Strikes
  • Frame Sliders
  • Tail Tidy/Fender Eliminator
  • Ivan's FCE (Fuel Cut-Off Eliminator)
  • CNC Fork Preload Adjusters
  • 16T/46T Sprockets

Recommendations? upgrades? Ideas? all are appreciated!
Need tank guard, and a saddle that allows me to move back a little bit more. Also anything recommended to make me more visible? Im 6'2" or 72 cm tall.

2006FZ1Red.jpg

ScorpionCarbonFiberGPExhaust.jpg

Back