FZ1 Riders Show us your baby!!

Nice collection of bikes you have owned there Pedro! I particularly like that Thunderace as I currently also have a '97 YZF1000 (in addition to my '06 FZ1).

Nice collection of bikes you have owned there Pedro! I particularly like that Thunderace as I currently also have a '97 YZF1000 (in addition to my '06 FZ1).

Mine was a 98 Yzf 1000r hard to find paint scheme here in Portugal, i bought it cheap but not in a very good general shape but after a lot of cash later ( engine rebuilt, windscreen, k&n filter,gear indicator, ixil canister,carbon levers and several protectors, and more..) turned in a excellent bike, just sold it because a guy loved the bike and offered me a lot of cash. Here´s some others pics to you.
Sorry about the english, not always great.

11.jpg

32.jpg

7.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I finally have an FZ1, sort of. They are holding it until I get my bonus to pay off the rest. It's a Cobalt Blue 2007 with less than 1800 miles. It has a Corbin seat (and original) and a touring windshield (and original). Here's the pic from the dealer's website...

vp1781111_1_large.jpg

Hey nice bike. What brand are the rearsets?
I've been past year several times in Timisoara for work. If I ever have to go back there, we can meet up ;-)

OK, I finally have an FZ1, sort of. They are holding it until I get my bonus to pay off the rest. It's a Cobalt Blue 2007 with less than 1800 miles. It has a Corbin seat (and original) and a touring windshield (and original). Here's the pic from the dealer's website...

vp1781111_1_large.jpg

Best looking bike i ever seen, oh yeah i have one just like that :tup:
Congrats

Best looking bike i ever seen, oh yeah i have one just like that :tup:
Congrats

Thank you, but I need to get some gold wheel tape on it, at least. I'd love to have a stable of bikes, so I guess I'll just count this as my first. (and my wife's Ninja 250)

So many bikes, so little time and money... :rmwl:

Last edited:
Time for an Update

One of my favorite pictures of the FZ. Taken back in May this year just after all the latest modifications were completed. Backdrop is Peter Lougheed Provincial park in Alberta's Kananaskis country, west of Calgary.

PLParkAlbertaMay2010.jpg

When I bought my FZ1, she was all stock and 4 months old with 760km (+/- 475 miles) on the odo meter.

She looked like this.

Foto-CGDONGGX.jpg

Foto-3W33OPSV.jpg

And now, 11 months later, she not really stock anymore and the odo meter is on 16.000km (+/- 10.000 miles).
Done on my FZ1 :
Yamaha bellypan
Leo Vince GP Pro slip-on exhaust
Hyperpro progressive suspention front and rear
30 mm tailriser
Frontfender extra long
Pazzo gold levers
Rizoma licenseplate support
Rizoma led blinkers
Rizoma conical handlebar
Rizoma 42mm handlebar rizers
Rizoma gold handlebar caps
Rizoma crashpotectors
Garmin Zumo 660
Windscreen standard size in black
Valtermoto 47 tooth rearsprocket
Yamaha 16 tooth front sprocket

And for weekend and holiday trips I have the Givi V35 hard side cases and Givi E470 Simply III topcase.

Foto-T4QC8OFK.jpg

Foto-VWJYNHX3.jpg

Foto-Q8SAGOGH.jpg

Foto-3LUFZWVB.jpg

Last edited:
New 2006 in Memphis

Brought her home last night with my knees shaking!! What a rush. I couldn't believe the power versus my FZ6. The previous owner had kept in showroom condition. Only 1425 miles!! I paid $5500 for her. Now I need to sell my 07 FZ6 or my wife is going to throw me out da house.

Brought her home last night with my knees shaking!! What a rush. I couldn't believe the power versus my FZ6. The previous owner had kept in showroom condition. Only 1425 miles!! I paid $5500 for her. Now I need to sell my 07 FZ6 or my wife is going to throw me out da house.

Nice bike! I see you have a thing for red bikes. Can't say I blame you. I'm partial to the red ones myself :D

Back