Fuel Consumption

i notice my new 08 FZ1N , is rather thristy :eek: i am getting approx 170 to 200km . the fuel light signals am running on empty , what sort of range are you getting ?

i notice my new 08 FZ1N , is rather thristy :eek: i am getting approx 170 to 200km . the fuel light signals am running on empty , what sort of range are you getting ?

It Is deffenetly a thristy bike esspecially if your hard on the throttle.
the fuel light signal turns on very early i.e there are 4 litres left in it, which allow you a spare of +-50 KM which is a lot (not in Australia;)

Sorry for the spelling.

I measured 36 miles per gallon on the last fill up. Too busy at the moment to look up the conversion to liter per km. I have 420 miles on the bike now. Definitely a thirsty bike.

Tomorrow I will cross 800 miles. I have torn through the fuel. I have noticed:

• I have been to the gas station maybe at least 6 times.
  • Once the last bar is lit, it won't be long until F-Trip is set
  • I don't know what the mileage is, but I'll measure it soon

^^
i aint to concerned @ the high consumption of fuel , as i ride my FZ1N for pleasure & dont commute with it . the performance vs fuel ratio is good IMO ;)

no am @ 450km @ present ..

^^
i aint to concerned @ the high consumption of fuel , as i ride my FZ1N for pleasure & dont commute with it . the performance vs fuel ratio is good IMO ;)

Here its recomanded to ride in low rev untill 1000 K"M after that the bike has to have an oil change and others.
After that you can rev the bike as you like, if its the same with you over there than youll find out riding hard makes high fuel consumption.:cool:

I commute with the bike everyday as well as going on weekends so I guess my bike's fuel cons. is high anyway.

well I don't ride the FZ1 but we share the engine, my R1 got 32-33 MPG before it was broken in. now (after getting a speeding ticket and slowing down some) I average about 36-37 MPG

it depends always where you moving , the quality of gasoline , environmental conditions and many many factors...anyway

if i am moving in town i make 150-180Κm

if i am moving in national road i make 230-240Km

my friend yesterday made 270km with speed 130km/h regularly and when arrived in gasoline station.. there are 3 litres left !!!!

the fuel light signal turns on very early there are 4 litres left , usually you have 50km still

Usually you have Medium Consumption = 5,75 - 6,32lit/100 kilometers

it depends always where you moving , the quality of gasoline , environmental conditions and many many factors...anyway

if i am moving in town i make 150-180Κm

if i am moving in national road i make 230-240Km

my friend yesterday made 270km with speed 130km/h regularly and when arrived in gasoline station.. there are 3 litres left !!!!

the fuel light signal turns on very early there are 4 litres left , usually you have 50km still

Usually you have Medium Consumption = 5,75 - 6,32lit/100 kilometers

thanks for the info .. ;)

Im getting 25-51 depending on how I ride.
25-30 rideing hard
30-40 rideing to from work
40-50 rideing around in the moutains still cant figure out how but it does good at 7k feet.

I think my fuel consumption is high. I have 2,800 KM on my bike and get only 7.1 litres/100KM. Mostly city driving.:eyebrow:

Last edited:
None of the posts indicate it but other significant factor is if the bike is a "naked" I have a naked '09 and lucky to get more than 120 miles before reserve kicks in. nearer 100 (just about if i cane it). and at "fit" 200lbs i also put up quite a wind brake affecting consumption. still would not swap it for the anything. Also have an '08 R1 that stays covered as the FZ1 is more practical/fun

Back