Fs: 2006 fz1 ne tn $4500

For sale: 2006 Yamaha FZ1, silver, $4500. 34,443 miles. If I ride it more, I may change my mind about selling it...

I got the bike about 2 years ago, as a trade for another bike I owned. I was curious about the '2nd Gen' since I also have a 2001 1st Gen FZ1. After riding both bikes I realized I prefer the '01, and decided I would rather have the space in the garage.

I have my maintenance records but nothing from the previous owner, altho he assured me that the valves had been checked and were all in spec.

Things of note on the bike:

Dirt Road rider's seat. I tried a Yamaha gel seat and a Corbin before going to this, and it is the best.

Gilles rearsets. The stock pegs were too high and too far forward, more of a power cruiser/ super motard riding position, so I tried these, then added a bracket, visible in the photos, that allowed me to drop the pegs straight down about .75" and also run the shift rod thru the hole in the frame. Otherwise the shift rod would run outside the frame-not that it is in the way, just looks better thru the frame.

BikeMaster drag bar with less pullback. I found this to be a much more comfortable position for my wrists, so I sold the oem bar. Still plenty of leverage.

16T countershaft sprocket. One of a best mods a person can do to the Gen 2 FZ1 unless he spends lots of time on the interstate. This really woke up the bike and made it much more responsive.

SpeedoDRD. Needed even before changing the countershaft sprocket. Easy to ride with a GPS and then program this to correct the speedo error. Now the speedo is right on.

GI-Pro digital gear indicator. I have too many bikes to memorize the speed/rpm relationship on all of them, so this is invaluable. Should have been standard from the factory. Very legible, easy to read at a glance.

Delkevic slipon exhaust. This is the 14" polished oval, with db-killer installed. I had tried a Delkevic slipon on my 2001 FZ1, and after three years it still looked and sounded like new, so I went with another Delkevic on this bike. If it's not loud enough, removing one screw is all it takes to get rid of the db-killer. Removed the EXUP cables and motor and installed the 'D-I-Y plug' so there is no warning light.

Removed AIS pump and hoses. Installed block off plates.

Shogun frame savers.

ProGrip reflective wheel tape.

Dunlop Q2 front tire, 120/70, about 2,000 miles on it. Dunlop Qualifier rear tire, 180/55, almost new. Replaced the rear Q2 after getting a nail in it, and it was not repairable. Tried the 180 size and love the way it handles.

Targa tank Bra. Just like the way it looks. And it protects against scratches from zipper pulls or belt buckles.

Cycle Guys Fast Pack tail bag on passenger's seat. When not in use, lies flat so a passenger could ride. When needed, expands upward and carries a surprising amount of stuff.

Goodridge front brake lines.

Pig tails for Battery Tender installed, which I would remove and keep unless the buyer had a set to swap.

Also replaced the rear shock with a used oem one from a newer FZ1 which fewer miles on it and a softer spring, but for some reason I did not write it in my maintenance log.

Serious inquiries only, please. No trades. And none of this 'I'm interested but cannot get it for six weeks'. TIA for your understanding.

Feel free to contact me directly with questions, requests for more photos, or offers. [email protected]

Larry aka CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

Last edited by a moderator:
Back