Front/Rear Sprockets and Chain

Sevinsky

Hey everyone, I know alot of threads have been posted on this topic, but I couldn't find one that really satisfied my needs so! Best answers I can get here hopefully!

I am looking to get the most acceleration out of my bike as I can, and I want to do the whole front/rear sprocket tooth conversion. Now, mileage is of no concern to me right now, now.

My bike is a Gen2 2007 FZ1N

What is the lowest I should go for the front sprocket?
Highest I should go for the rear sprocket?

What chain do I need?

If you guys could literally list/link products that I needed to purchase specifically for this that would be great because there are so many and I do not want to buy the wrong sprocket or chain and have it not fit.

Tools are not required as it will be done at my local yamaha shop.

Thanks guys!

For the purposes of the chain itself, -1/+3 should give you what you are looking for. You can go to the 520 set and get some gains with the weight savings... adds a couple ponies to the actual rear wheel HP. I wouldn't go more than -1 in the front but you can increase the rear to make up for that. I'm not sure how to calculate how many links you'll need though. Never done that before. va_rider would probably be the best source for this information... or stretched06 ???

For the purposes of the chain itself, -1/+3 should give you what you are looking for. You can go to the 520 set and get some gains with the weight savings... adds a couple ponies to the actual rear wheel HP. I wouldn't go more than -1 in the front but you can increase the rear to make up for that. I'm not sure how to calculate how many links you'll need though. Never done that before. va_rider would probably be the best source for this information... or stretched06 ???

So from the standard 17F and 45R sprockets you say I should go to a 16F and 48R?

So from the standard 17F and 45R sprockets you say I should go to a 16F and 48R?

Yes. This will give you a great jump off the line.

Something to think about though.... these I4 motors aren't torque monsters and are top-end machines so you're trying to get the bike to do something it's not built for. Now, if you can keep the front down and the rear from breaking loose, the closer to 8k you can launch, the most impressive the launch will be.

Yes. This will give you a great jump off the line.

Something to think about though.... these I4 motors aren't torque monsters and are top-end machines so you're trying to get the bike to do something it's not built for. Now, if you can keep the front down and the rear from breaking loose, the closer to 8k you can launch, the most impressive the launch will be.

Thing is I can't even get the front up! haha

I'm @ 16/46 and its really good. Unless you plan on stunting I think 16/48 might be a bit much. With 16/46 you can leave the chain as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I am looking for actually is a link to which I should specifically buy, like what brand and whichever... My dealer doesn't really know what I should do either! Johnny or cobalt, do you have any links or suggestions?

What I am looking for actually is a link to which I should specifically buy, like what brand and whichever... My dealer doesn't really know what I should do either! Johnny or cobalt, do you have any links or suggestions?

Stick with name brand and steel sprockets. D.I.D. O-Ring chain? If staying with the 530 chain, get the Gen I Yamaha OEM 16T sprocket. Rear? D.I.D.? RT? Vortex?

A D.I.D. kit would be great but I'm told the chains are noisy. If you stick with a 530 and use the OEM Gen I 16T then it helps quiet it down some.

If you are talking acceleration, aggressive throttle input will get you up there and off the ground in the front. Clutch & extended wheelies are a different matter. Are you looking for acceleration, or to do wheelies?

purely accel, however it'd be nice to lift the front a little after a hard acceleration.

Mine does this with stock gearing. 1st, 2nd and, if you want to go THAT fast, 3rd... when I hit about 10.5k, the front lifts on its own and that's with Mr. 220+ lbs almost laying on the tank.

Back