Front head stand help?

I have a 2012 FZ1, and after doing a search through the SEARCH feature (before anyone tells me to do so :) ) I've not found this information:

I'm trying to purchase a front head stand, like a Pit Bull, etc. It uses a pin that goes into the head or triple trees to lift the front end and allow the wheel, forks, etc to be removed.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone that has used or used one on the newer FZ1, had to move the horn and the front brakes line connector, since they both block the hole where the pin supposedly goes.

Also this hole (I assume it is the correct hole) is plugged by a nice, beefy rubber plug. It can be removed after the aforementioned items are out of the way, but it makes for a lengthy process to do all this just to put bike on stand.

A stand that raises the bike at the front forks works fine, except if you have to remove the forks..........

Anyone has any experience with this type of stand on the GEN II FZ1?

Any help is appreciated.

Yes the horn has to be relocated. This is a good time to upgrade brake lines to the 2-line system so you don't have to deal with the brake line union.

I was wondering if that was the way it had to be, but didn't want to start changing things until I heard from someone that knew.

I appreciate the response, thank you.

Are there any common kits to change the brake lines over to a 2 line system, or is this more of a do-it-yourself by finding longer lines and different banjo bolt?

I'd like to find a kit to do the change over.....if someone is making them.

I was wondering if that was the way it had to be, but didn't want to start changing things until I heard from someone that knew.

I appreciate the response, thank you.

Are there any common kits to change the brake lines over to a 2 line system, or is this more of a do-it-yourself by finding longer lines and different banjo bolt?

I'd like to find a kit to do the change over.....if someone is making them.

Yes its a common kit, look for a " two line " kit. Here is one of many available https://store.58cycle.com/product_p/GR Line SS Fr FZ1 06.htm?gclid=CJ3c6Mnu5rMCFdKd4AodhmsARw

Last edited:
I replaced my front brake lines with braided HEL lines and just disconnect the 10 mm nut holding the horn and pull the black plug out whenever I want to use the front stand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I may be missing something but you could just use the jack under the headers method.

Yes, I know.......I'm just not comfortable putting that much pressure on the headers, specially if I take the forks off and the bike has to sit like that for a week or two while they're worked on.

I know stuff breaks for me when it doesn't for someone else who's doing the exact same thing......I seem to have the reverse Midas touch that way :frown:

I replaced my front brake lines with braided HEL lines and just disconnect the 10 mm nut holding the horn and pull the black plug out whenever I want to use the front stand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That's something I was looking at doing after replacing the brake lines. It was either that (which would be relatively quick) or fabricate a small holing bracket for that horn to move it a little out of the way.

If you are ever going to remove your forks you will need a steering stem lift, if not a front stand that picks up under the forks is all you will ever need.

If you are ever going to remove your forks you will need a steering stem lift, if not a front stand that picks up under the forks is all you will ever need.

He knows this, hence the reason he asked the original question. Anyway, I am happy with my HEL 2 line set-up.

I have a Pitbull stand that I use on the front of the FZ1 (and the YZF1000 as well since it's the same pin). Anyway as others mentioned unbolting the horn is not a big deal when you need to use the stand. I already have the aftermarket brake lines so that part is covered as well. And removing the rubber plug that covers the opening on the bottom of the stem is pretty easy too.

Back