Former Fz6 rider, looking at getting Fz1, advice/help????

This is Yellow Wolf at Deals gap on a 1800 Goldwing. Listen to the trailing bike scraping in the corners and still being smoked. If you ever road Deals Gap you know this is very impressive.

WOW, that guy is amazing. He had pretty much perfect lines every time, perfect angle great acceleration out the corner. My dad used to ride a goldwing and said he'd outrun a couple bikes bfore on it, but dammm. I knew gold wings were quick but he was flicking that thing like a champ.

It's not the bike, it's the rider. The bike accounts for only a very small percentage of the equation :)

Dustin you kill me, I think that's the point I was trying to make although it appears I failed once again:cry::unworthy:

Dustin I want to practice my balls off just so some day I don't feel like you're insulting my comments.

I was actually thinking that the guy on the GSXR was trying as hard as he could and probably getting tired to keep up even though he had the greater performance designed bike. The guy on the gold wing probably could have rode a ninja 250 and crushed that road. :eek5::smoking:

Ssky0078:
Good for you in studying the Keith Code techniques. Remember however, that it takes lots of practice to make all these skills become good habits that happen without concentrated thought. So in the mean time you need to leave a large margin of safety in case your skills fall short of optimum. Therefore DO NOT RIDE BEYOND YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Keep it deliberately boring while building your skills. Take baby steps in your progress. I learned this the hard way.

Also keep a healthy respect for the power of your FZ1, and enjoy your bike!

So Fast Freddie rides a Goldwing now! Wonder what type of bike that was chasing? My recommendation for anybody that wants to learn how to ride is start on dirt. All the US and Aussie world champs have. It will build muscle memory for doing what works when your brain is too slow to react.

Back