Flu season

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
and the flu shot didn't work..... My wife and I both got the flu shot a few months ago. We both got very sick over the weekend and ended up at an Urgent Care facility where we tested positive for Influenza A virus. They explained to us that anyone who got the mist was fine but in the shot, the vaccine failed for Influenza A. I was actually sick before the weekend but didn't think it was that bad. Because I waited too long, I also got bronchitis and pneumonia with it. I'm up and moving for the first time in 5 days of bed rest. Michele is still in bed but getting better.

Just an FYI for those who did get the shot.... Be careful, wash up often and stay away from anyone who is sick. I cannot begin to describe the pain and suffering along with what was happening at every human orifice. You do not want this at all.

Take care my fellow riders! I pray none of you get this!

-Eric (On the mend...)

Sorry to hear... hope you and the misses heal up soon.

I've been flu shot free since I left the Military, many years ago, and been happy for it. Now when I get older, I may re-evaluate, but in my 40's, don't see the benefit, especially after hearing stories like these.

So Sorry Eric & Michelle, I hope you guys feel better soon.
I am always surprised to hear how many people get the flu shot, then end up with it anyway. WTH?
Hope you guys have someone there taking care of ya??

So sorry to hear about you guys. 5 days in bed must suck big time. I hope you both feel better real soon. I myself, stay away from those shots. I think it's a government conspiracy to be quite honest. Lord only knows what's in those injections! I know, I've been watching too much TV. :D

Eric, I hope you are feeling better, I know when I get the flu, its awful. I have had a cold for about 3 weeks and am finally getting over it.

I can't relate

Thankfully! Sorry to hear about that for all those affected, get well soon. I hear about these nasty flu bugs every year. I have never had a flu shot and can not ever remember having a flu in my adult life. Once every few years I get a cold (which amounts to the sniffles) for a day or two, and that's it. I have been blessed with an enviable immune system so far. I hope for that to continue.

I have never had a flu shot and can not ever remember having a flu in my adult life.
Same here. And I'm very sorry to all those who are sick or have family that is. Especially young ones. That pulls at the heart.

I have a theory, though, on my apparent inability to get sick. You know how you clean a superficial injury with alcohol? Well, since I keep such an impressive amount of alcohol in my system, I think I'm just killing the virus before it gets a foothold...so I don't get sick.

I do consume some fine Scottish medicine myself, but that does not explain my early years. ;) I'm told my mother gave me Gin when I was cranky as an infant.... Ahh the sixties.

Thanks all. Almost back to 100% after 9 days. Michele is getting better but still is not ready to face the world.

We did not have any sickness until our granddaughter started daycare. Now she brings home every germ you can possibly imagine. But it's nice to have her here with us all the time!

We're now cleaning and disinfecting EVERYTHING! The washer and dryer are also running non-stop. Most of us have been wearing the medical face masks for the better part of a week. :D

Take care all and please stay healthy!

Yikes

Thanks all. Almost back to 100% after 9 days. Michele is getting better but still is not ready to face the world.

We did not have any sickness until our granddaughter started daycare. Now she brings home every germ you can possibly imagine. But it's nice to have her here with us all the time!

We're now cleaning and disinfecting EVERYTHING! The washer and dryer are also running non-stop. Most of us have been wearing the medical face masks for the better part of a week. :D

Take care all and please stay healthy!

Sounds like going on a cruise, without the good things. Don't forget the keyboard and mouse.

in the 70s, sick for 5 weeks i was so weak that crawling to the bathroom id get lost. my hair was so matted it had to be cut off. it took 3 months to recover. it feels so good to recover. glad you're better

Back