Flood tragedy in my city '

Genoa, the city 'where I live, and' was hit by a tremendous flood, there were 6 fatalities, unfortunately, is not 'the first time, Liguria and many other Italian regions suffering serious damage from these heavy rains that recur cyclically in these autumn months.

It 'was quite hard, in my case all right even if I had some technical glitches, but nothing compared to what happened to my fellow citizens more' luck ..... I'm lucky to live on top of a hill the problems are in the valley. Friday 'as I was always working, I closed my business' sales to 17:00 fleeing for fear of a worse time given that other areas had already' in place of the flood. I live on the opposite side of the city 'from where I work but the city' was blocked by the storms and flooding. Genoa and 'a city' closed between sea and mountains, the only way to get home was to have to go inland, 20 km from collapsed walls, stones and mud made ​​my bike and so scared

-Flood Genoa - Italy

Sorry to hear that Dani. Yes, it's becoming all too common these days it seems. I'm sure I can speak for everyone here that we're glad that your okay. I'll definitely say a prayer for your town today. Stay safe!

Back