First track day.

supersonic

I took my FZ1 Naked out for my first ever track day yesterday, to Broadford here in Melbourne Australia. Wow, I am very impressed with it's performance. I was a little concerned as I was the only Naked on the day and though I may have trouble keeping up. The motor was awesome and I could keep up with all ot the other sportbikes no problem. Two mods worth mentioning are a mini wind screen which worked great and an Ohlins rear shock. Think I got the bug.

EDit, Bike also has a Micron slip on which make a huge difference.

Last edited:
No much action here, but the only pics I got.
001rcd.jpg

003yof.jpg

033pn.jpg

037mr.jpg

Tyres were OK for my first ride, I was just getting a feel for the track. What tyres would you suggest?

It all depends on how hard your going to push. Personally, i wouldnt do a trackday on sport/touring rubber as you will find the limits way too easy. I run Bridgstone Bt003rs atm and find them an excellent tyre, my last set i got 2 trackdays= close to 500km & 4500km on the road riding semi-hard. If your going to do a trackday every now and again you might want to have a sticky pair and swap them over.

Dunlop sportmax Q2 are great and sticky on twistie roads.....

Aggressive riding on the road may yield less than 2K miles.......

I haven't used them on track. (I use a different tire on the road now, for more mileage)

Last edited:
Back