First Hand Gun

We'll since I got the 45 in January my wife got the FNS 9mm and then I got the sig 716 patrol rifle which is 7.62x51 It packs a good punch.....

just picked up the Beretta PX4 Storm 40cal

and I ride with my 5.11 Moab sling that has the Beretta emblem on it, so the cops know I carry... here in AZ we are legal no-permit concealed carry.

I like how the Yamaha and Beretta emblems are complimentary!
I wanted to get one of those but the stainless top was not legal in CA at the time. The all black one was. I ended a buying a Ruger P345 45 ACP instead which I love. I may have to check into a 40 again there is always ammo available for them where I live

My boys just bought me a Bersa Thunder Plus .380 with a 15rnd mag for Christmas. We need to get together at the range some time mate. When it's warmer of course lol.

Took the wife to the range on Sunday. She is was just born a good shooter. ;) It had been almost 3 months since I shot last but did not seem rusty at all.

Anyway, we shot the Ruger SR22, her Walther PK380, my G19 and Beretta PX4 in .40. I really do not enjoy cleaning them but I sure do like the slide action after. The XDs and DB9 stayed in the bag.

I bought a Springfield XD 9mm. It was my first handgun and it has been quite easy to shoot and learn on. I am going to buy a .22 pistol to keep my costs down at the range, but for a decent 9mm, I think the Springfield is a good choice.

Oh to live in a place that does not have the ultra negative views on firearms as my fair county does. Here in Oz it is intentionally made so dificult to get a handgun or semi auto rifle that most people just give up, myself included.

However I do have several rifles and shotguns and try to get out as often as possible.

My current collection.

Remington Genissis .177 air rifle
Winchester Model 320 22LR
Remington VSSF II 22-250
Sako 75 270Win
SMLE No1 Mk3 303 British
CZ 550 Safari 375H&H
Lanber U/O 12G
IAC lever action 12G
Holloway & Naughton side by side 12G

The 270 is my go to rifle (Hence my user name) and is a great round to hunt almost anything in Australia with, although the 375 is good if you want something that hits hard at both ends.

Oh to live in a place that does not have the ultra negative views on firearms as my fair county does.
You want to try living in the UK. If you want any kind of firearm over here, your treated like a leper, and handguns are totally banned.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Here in Oz it is intentionally made so dificult to get a handgun or semi auto rifle that most people just give up, myself included.

The hand gun isn't that bad, just a bit of messing around, although you need to be careful to select the right classes when applying.

The semi auto rifle is a different story, apparently there are less than 20 approved licensees for that class here In south oz.

The hand gun isn't that bad, just a bit of messing around, although you need to be careful to select the right classes when applying.

Yeah true, but you can only have a handgun for competition use, must be a member of a recognised club, must compete in a minimum of 6 (I think) competitions per year and have a log book signed, you can only renew your licence for 12 months at a time and must produce your log book to prove you compete. Too much unnecessary “club” stuff for me, and it’s illegal to use it anywhere but the club or a club event.

The semi auto rifle is a different story, apparently there are less than 20 approved licensees for that class here In south oz.

You need to know a farmer or Primary Producer and they can write a letter saying they need a shooter with semi auto for pest control and it being necessary for them earning an income. My father has a small hobby farm and technically has Primary Producer rights, I asked the Police about upgrading and they said it can be done if my father has PP, but again lots of red tape, not worth the hassle.

Just like Hail, I picked up a Glock 19. I got it before Christmas. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet... :( I've been buying up ammo when I see it. I have some 2L bottles and 12oz cans of cheap pop that I'm sure is evil and needs to be shot.

I plan on buying the wife a Walther PPS or maybe a S&W Shield when I am able. I'd also like to get a Glock 27 (baby Glock in .40). I've seen you can get a .357 SIG barrel for it and it will shoot .357 fine. It will also work with 9mm with a proper barrel and 9mm magazines. :sinister:

I had to buy a 33 round magazine and I plan to pick up a few 17 round also (15 round is standard for the Glock 19). :Rockon: I also got the UpLULA speed loader which is very nice. Much easier on my thumbs.

p_100003052_1.jpg

I'll report back after some actual lead slinging takes place.

Yes! IL will finally have a concealed carry law starting Jan 1, 2014! I can't decide between the Glock 19 or Glock 26. I know I'd like the 19 better for target practice, but the diminutive size of the 26 is very attractive for carry. I think the 26 has longer clips that can be used and provide a better grip with bigger capacity. They look to be the same price.

As far as ammo, I decided on the 9mm :cloud9: because it's cheaper and easier to find. I like the idea of the .40, and .45 is such a great round, but more kick and less round per clip and I just never find 10mm. :smokin2:

Anyway, I found something else to spend money on. Thank goodness, I wouldn't want to actually save up for the rear shock I've been talking about for 2 years now! : owned:

I have both. My wife & I prefer the 19. It is simply better balanced. Not to say a 26 is not good, it is excellent. IMHO, the 19 is better all around. Likewise, the 26 is more practical than a 17.

I would start with a 19 or 23 and then add a subcompact later. You will own more than one, believe me. In addition, never sell your Glocks. They should remain with you for your lifetime until you decide to pass them down. I still regret selling my 17 back in the early 90s.

Last edited:
I finally got the chance to shoot my Glock 19 this past Saturday. Temps had to be around 60 because I was very comfortable with out a jacket. My wife (Jodie) was able to shoot her Valentine's gift too, a Walther PPS 9mm. We took the kids (son 14 and daughter 12) along with a 10/22 rifle, a .410 single shot and a 12ga single shot. My father-in-law brought his .22 pistol and Tokarev 9mm.

All those 2L and cans of cheap, evil soda were destroyed (except for 3 out of 24 cans). It was a great day and everyone had a blast. My daughter declined to shoot the 9mm, but liked the 10/22 rifle and loved the .22 pistol. Quite a good shot too. My son took to the 10/22. He shot the 9mm guns and was fine with them too. We made sure both the Glock and Walther fed hollow-points fine, which they did. I need some extra magazines for the Walther. It came with a 7 and 8 round. There is a 6 round flush mag too. I had fun with my three 15 round and the 33 round mag with my G19. I wanted to take some pictures or video, but we were having too much fun. Next time.

BTW the UpLULA loader works great. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
I hate you all!

Here in the UK we are not allowed pistols since the 97 ban. Only allowed rifles and that's bolt action only except .22 which you can have a semi auto in.

Getting a firearms licence is hard and you have to apply good reason and justify each caliber you want and are only allowed one in that caliber unless you have multiple slots, you also have a restriction on the number of rounds you can have.

I have a
357 marlin rifle, allowed to hold 350 .38 and 150. 357 magnum
.22 CZ455 allowed to hold 600.

I have put in a request for a 7.62 and .22 semi auto as well, waiting on my licence to come back.

My shotgun licence is a little easier going, i can hold as many guns and rounds as I want, although solid slugs and cartridges less than 5 pellets have to go on a firearms tickets as does any shotgun that has a magazine greater than 3.

I hate you all!

Here in the UK we are not allowed pistols since the 97 ban. Only allowed rifles and that's bolt action only except .22 which you can have a semi auto in.

Getting a firearms licence is hard and you have to apply good reason and justify each caliber you want and are only allowed one in that caliber unless you have multiple slots, you also have a restriction on the number of rounds you can have.

I have a
357 marlin rifle, allowed to hold 350 .38 and 150. 357 magnum
.22 CZ455 allowed to hold 600.

I have put in a request for a 7.62 and .22 semi auto as well, waiting on my licence to come back.

My shotgun licence is a little easier going, i can hold as many guns and rounds as I want, although solid slugs and cartridges less than 5 pellets have to go on a firearms tickets as does any shotgun that has a magazine greater than 3.

That is horrible. I'm really sorry about that. Even our constitution's 2nd amendment is being challenged IMO. I'm not going to make this political, just try to state facts as I've heard them and a little personal opinion. I've heard talk of gun confiscation of some sort starting in NY. I don't fully know the details, but that is scary here in the US.

If you ever come across the pond, you are welcome to stop by and shoot any of my guns. On a side note, Piers Morgan may get shipped back to your side of the pond. His CNN show is at least cancelled. I guess his soap box couldn't withstand his ideals to "un-invent the gun".

Ammunition is still hard to find here, but I buy it when I see it. I hope your laws can be changed.

BDazzler and I live in the most gun restrictive state in the union. Even the east coast states like New York, Mass and Conn are more liberal.

Handguns have been illegal to register in Chicago since 1978 and that ruling was just turned over recently.

Ammo in certain calibers are almost impossible to find, even .22LR solid points.

That is horrible. I'm really sorry about that. Even our constitution's 2nd amendment is being challenged IMO. I'm not going to make this political, just try to state facts as I've heard them and a little personal opinion. I've heard talk of gun confiscation of some sort starting in NY. I don't fully know the details, but that is scary here in the US.

If you ever come across the pond, you are welcome to stop by and shoot any of my guns. On a side note, Piers Morgan may get shipped back to your side of the pond. His CNN show is at least cancelled. I guess his soap box couldn't withstand his ideals to "un-invent the gun".

Ammunition is still hard to find here, but I buy it when I see it. I hope your laws can be changed.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. It really does suck, we in Britain are very anti-gun, the media has a lot to blame, they jump on the band wagon and scare people. Pre 88 we were allowed anything other than fully automatic.

Not sure if we suffer from shortages of ammo over here, I can not buy enough at a time and at the moment I am restricted to my calibers above! I do hand load my .357 magnum as 50 rounds is around 23 pounds a box, home loads work out to just under 6 quid. I really don't understand it, I can apply for a .50 bolt action as long as I go to a range that supports the caliber yet i'm not trusted with even a .22lr pistol? Oh want to know something else funny, our Olympic pistol shooters have to train abroad and seek special permission to shoot here when there is an event, the government builds a special range for this and destroys it afterwards!

On the subject of Piers Morgan, all's I am going to say is the man is a c*nt and hated over here to.

Thanks for the kind offer of shooting in the states, I might just take you up on that! Half of my family are American, my mum was from Queens NYC.

Back