First Hand Gun

Nice . .. . :)

Beautiful Hk ! I really love the angular lines of the Hk and the Glock's over the curves of the Sigs. Just a personal preference of course. :stirpot:
Yours is sweet !

Just picked this up since I got my CCP, it will be a nice addition to my M&P 9. Kicks like a miniature mule but I had to practice a few hundred rounds before I would take it out in public. I sure hope & pray that the range is the only place I will ever need to use it. Next accessory for the gun (and those that it will be protecting) will be a "draw under duress" class. You cannot be too well trained for life-threatening situations.

View attachment 13331

Today my wife went with me to the range. She recently signed up for a Texas CHL course with some folks at her office scheduled for early April and she wanted to get some practice in.

After a few practice rounds we simulated the shooting qualification test for the Texas CHL and I am proud to say she passed before even completing the 2nd round at 21 feet. She used my Glock G19 and probably will for her course as well.

Afterwards she handled a few of the pistols at the shop and decided that she likes the M&P Shield in 9mm the best. That might end up being her birthday present this year.

well i bought the HK45 about 2 months ago first time to the range i got about 50 rounds thru it and love it....went to the range again last week and thru up a good pattern and wanted to share it out of 20 rounds only 1 missed the center....

Wife just bought her first hand gun. A Walther PK380 with nickel slide. The grip was THE best fit for her tiny carny hands. Much better for her than my Glock she had been practicing with.

14504d1367699750-first-hand-gun-5050309-l.png

Just picked up a new CCW. A Springfield XD-s 9mm Exact same dimensions and everything as the .45 shown below.

nice buy...

but you just reminded me... ;)

ref: "CCW" vs. "CCP" (concealed carry pistol)
The "W" word..

March 3, 2011 at 11:51pm
by Ed Levine.

Look up "Weapon" in the dictionary and you will find a noun that is something (as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy.

Traditionally, WEAPONS are used by LAW ENFORCEMENT and MILITARY. They are used for offensive, aggressive tactics. Even when I was in the Marine Corps, those that called their rifle a "gun" used to have to recite this little poem while grabbing their rifle and crotch.. "This is my WEAPON, this is my GUN! This one's for FIGHTING, this one's for FUN!".

As an NRA Firearms instructor, the basic instructor manuals advise the instructor "DO NOT USE THE TERM WEAPON IN THIS COURSE" as it has negative connotations.

People were surveyed and 2 out of 12 (same number in a jury) felt negatively when a person used the word WEAPON.

So.. your are at home... a bad guy breaks in during the night.. and starts stabbing you... You shoot him in self defense and tell the jury what happened.. "He was stabbing me, so I grabbed my WEAPON and shot him!" (Now would you rather have those two jurors on YOUR SIDE? I sure would!)

So... call it your Gun, Handgun, Pistol, Revolver, Kimber, Glock, Leadslinger, etc.. but stay away from the "W" word.

(P.S. This is NOT legal advice.. If you need legal advice consult an attorney) Also.. some of my hard core gun slinging buddies REFUSE to admit this and say "F it" I will call it whatever the hell I want! To them.. I say go ahead :-D

190506_168437296539695_4226127_a.jpg

No "W" word allowed...

If I typed CCP most people would not know what I was talking about and say "Hail Comrade!" ;) CCW is an instantly recognizable acronym where as CCP is not. ...at least in my neck of the woods.

I believe negative words only have weight if you give them weight. Unfortunately to may people give words to much weight these days. "Weapon" to me only has negative meaning in the context in which it is used both verbally and through action. A gun is a weapon but it can be used for good or bad.

lol... he(Ed) gives us all the crap when someone says it... actually got my county to fix their website in the application section (they listed ccw in several spots and VA cleary issues Concealed Carry Permits)...

just something to think about... a different perspective... it just struck me, as someone else put up something about ccw in one of my gun sites and he popped up in minutes with that article

lol... he(Ed) gives us all the crap when someone says it... actually got my county to fix their website in the application section (they listed ccw in several spots and VA cleary issues Concealed Carry Permits)...

just something to think about... a different perspective... it just struck me, as someone else put up something about ccw in one of my gun sites and he popped up in minutes with that article

Understanding and appreciating other perspectives is definitely something the world needs more of. ...and honestly, until you said something, the negative connotation some may give it never even occurred to me. It is all about your audience.

Nice gun! To bad the talk aways turn political. I have a really nice Marlin 30/30, Remington 12 gauge pump, Winchester 12 gauge semi-auto, Ruger 12 gauge single shot, Remington .22 bolt action and a pellet gun I shot deer with to keep them out of my garden but not one hand gun. In Canada you can have a hand gun but there are allot of restrictions. You must be a member of a gun club, you can only use the gun at the club, when you transporting it to the club you must go directly to the club in the shortest distance and no stopping. All firearms must be in a locked cabinet and all ammunition must be stored in a different location then the firearms. Some of it makes sense but some of it doesn't.

If I ever moved to the states the first thing I would do is buy a hand gun. There really is no different than me carrying my 12 gauge semi auto, which if I went a little crazy would do more damage than most hand guns.

Nice gun! To bad the talk aways turn political. I have a really nice Marlin 30/30, Remington 12 gauge pump, Winchester 12 gauge semi-auto, Ruger 12 gauge single shot, Remington .22 bolt action and a pellet gun I shot deer with to keep them out of my garden but not one hand gun. In Canada you can have a hand gun but there are allot of restrictions. You must be a member of a gun club, you can only use the gun at the club, when you transporting it to the club you must go directly to the club in the shortest distance and no stopping. All firearms must be in a locked cabinet and all ammunition must be stored in a different location then the firearms. Some of it makes sense but some of it doesn't.

If I ever moved to the states the first thing I would do is buy a hand gun. There really is no different than me carrying my 12 gauge semi auto, which if I went a little crazy would do more damage than most hand guns.

I actually grew up shooting long guns. Hunting Deer & Quail and also shooting in skeet competitions. I never owned a hand gun until last year. I found I really enjoy going to an air conditioned indoor range. I never realized what I was missing growing up.

I don't mind the concept that it is a weapon and that it generally is guided by negative outcomes, for someone or thing. A weapon is a tool to affect a desired outcome that differs from the opposition's desired outcome when that person(s) plan to strongly resist, or are taking the offensive position you want to stop. Financial instruments can be weapons, just like written words, and marketing strategies to capture business from the competition.

To me it's a weapon, just as my Ford Explorer is an SUV, or even as it's a big car(riage).

If I were shooting for sport or competition, there are special tools for those. My handgun is only good as a weapon, so I wouldn't find any better term for it. it's no competitive target shooter! and mine's a 45 short light-weight barrel so it's really a small cannon...! So it's a CCC! LOL

I just inherited this. A Colt 38/40 New Service W.C.F revolver. My great grandfather carried this as his service weapon when he was Sheriff of Socorro County, NM. His father used it before him. I think it was manufactured in the 1920's.

The blued finish is gone but it is my understanding that it would loose it's value if I tried to get it re-finished so it will stay.

Anyone know a good place to get this appraised? ..or do research based on serial number?

Nice, I have 0ne like that I got from a guy for $100 is Great shape. I did some looking around on line. I figured mine was worth 10 X what I paid at least. I'll have to take some pictures and put up here. That ring in the handle adds to the value of these old .38's. Ya, don't mess with the finish, it's not rusting.

Does your firing pin wiggle ?

Back