First Hand Gun

Wife First Time at the Range

I don't know how I forgot to post this but the photo below was on 9/23/2012. It was the first time my wife ever shot a hand gun. She did very well. Below is with the G19.

12963d1358901509-first-hand-gun-398543_4157614817464_567146211_n.jpg

P.S. This was our 12 year "brass & lead" wedding anniversary. ;)

I just got a Ruger P95. Bought it because its kinda cheap and everyone that has one loves it. Now I see why. Reliable, accurate, well built. It's not real small so it may not be a great carry gun, but many do.

I agree! That is a great gun!
I discovered one of those guns in a shop - the Ruger S95 - and I was amazed! It fit my had so well!
I have always liked Rugers. They make such excellent guns. I did not buy that one. I have a number of others. But I have no higher capacity gun. If I were to go to that - that one would be one of my first considerations.
I also came across an M&P that fit my hand very well - a 9 Compact. That would be right up there, too. I have kind of large hands - I have come to realize.
Most others high capacity guns do not register well with me.

I don't know how I forgot to post this but the photo below was on 9/23/2012. It was the first time my wife ever shot a hand gun. She did very well. Below is with the G19.

Very nice!
It's great to get the wife into it. It can often boost their ego - along with giving them a capability... I've seen that first hand myself.
Congratulations!

That's not entirely true.
You still own single shot rifles and even a hand gun.
You do however have to get a gun license and become a member of a rifle range and regularly shoot there.
The rifles can be kept at home in a locked safe but the handguns have to stay locked up at the rifle range.
Yes the criminals have guns and they use them regularly but it's generally on themselves and their drug selling mates and competition.

Sent from my SG3
I think the word you ment to use was;

Not entirely accurate... My point was you cannot live in berbs and own a gun unless your have an authorised place to use the weapon, that includes farm land and shooting ranges.

It wasn't my intention to outline the legislation just to give an indication of some of the draconian laws we have imposed upon in Australia

I think the word you ment to use was;

Not entirely accurate... My point was you cannot live in berbs and own a gun unless your have an authorised place to use the weapon, that includes farm land and shooting ranges.

It wasn't my intention to outline the legislation just to give an indication of some of the draconian laws we have imposed upon in Australia

No, the word meant to use was "true".
It's a synonym of accurate.

Sent from my SG3

MY wife won't touch my guns :eek:

I told her I was going to get her a pellet pistol so she could at least get over her "fear"/"anxiety" or whatever it is... if I'm not home, she needs to be able to grab one of the guns and defend herself and our kids.

Anyone else have a spouse with a "I don't want to touch them" attitude?

I got her to shoot the .22 rifle once... she was just like "ok, I did it, you and the kids go back to your plinking".

Well I went and bought the HK 45 last week picked it up tonite. Can't wait to take it to the range. I also took a NRA pistol course which also qualified me for my non resident Florida ccw permit which is valid in 32 states except the one i live in..lol.

Well I went and bought the HK 45 last week picked it up tonite. Can't wait to take it to the range. I also took a NRA pistol course which also qualified me for my non resident Florida ccw permit which is valid in 32 states except the one i live in..lol.

can you post a link to that ccw permit?

The state of VA is like that. You can get a ccw that's good in 28 states as a non-resident... Best part, you get it by watching a 1 hour video online, then taking a 20 question test "as many times as you need to" to get 15 correct.

––New Galaxy S3

Gotta love PA... I just walk in and buy a gun with background check of course and I'm out to a state range to shoot all day lol, Don't even need a permit...

Gotta love PA... I just walk in and buy a gun with background check of course and I'm out to a state range to shoot all day lol, Don't even need a permit...

I think they are talking about a permit for concealed carry. Or does PA not require a permint for concealed carry?

In Texas, like PA, anyone can buy a gun and keep it in their glove box or at home but to carry it on your person everywhere allowable by law you must have a permit.

RE: Another . . . CCW

Hey Guys,
I have been lurking , , , and I've been busy too !
I came across a sweet deal on a DILLON 550B that was just too good to pass up ! I picked it up just before Christmas and now have it up and running . . .

Also, since I can now 'reload' for: 22Hornet, 223/5.56, 9MM, 38/357, 10S&W/10MM, 44/44MAG, 45ACP/45GAP, and 45-70. And, geesh, me not having a 44MAG in the house, I picked up a gorgeous Magnum Research Desert Eagle last month, and a one of 2500, 1989 Smith&Wesson M29-4 CLASSIC Hunter, with the 8-3/8's full lug barrel, target trigger, target hammer, and target sights. It also has the un-fluted cylinder and the factory HOGUE combat rubber grips that came standard on the CH production. The factory honed trigger on this girl is sooooo sweeeet . . . just thinking about a tiny little squeeze and BANG . . . ! I'd put it right at 1.5 to 2-pounds. This will make a great silhouette gun.
Here are some pics:
Now I have a shoulder holster for the big DE . . .. but, it is HUGE, and is so hard to conceal . . . the big SMITH is so long when I poke it down my pants, I can't sit down . . . ouchhh , , ,, , ,

Hey Guys,
I have been lurking , , , and I've been busy too !
I came across a sweet deal on a DILLON 550B that was just too good to pass up ! I picked it up just before Christmas and now have it up and running . . .

Also, since I can now 'reload' for: 22Hornet, 223/5.56, 9MM, 38/357, 10S&W/10MM, 44/44MAG, 45ACP/45GAP, and 45-70. And, geesh, me not having a 44MAG in the house, I picked up a gorgeous Magnum Research Desert Eagle last month, and a one of 2500, 1989 Smith&Wesson M29-4 CLASSIC Hunter, with the 8-3/8's full lug barrel, target trigger, target hammer, and target sights. It also has the un-fluted cylinder and the factory HOGUE combat rubber grips that came standard on the CH production. The factory honed trigger on this girl is sooooo sweeeet . . . just thinking about a tiny little squeeze and BANG . . . ! I'd put it right at 1.5 to 2-pounds. This will make a great silhouette gun.
Here are some pics:
Now I have a shoulder holster for the big DE . . .. but, it is HUGE, and is so hard to conceal . . . the big SMITH is so long when I poke it down my pants, I can't sit down . . . ouchhh , , ,, , ,

Wow! It looks like you have really got a great set-up! Congratulations! It looks like a dream! You must be very happy!
Enjoy!

FUN w/GUNs

Wow! It looks like you have really got a great set-up! Congratulations! It looks like a dream! You must be very happy!
Enjoy!

Thanks lindy !! I was out of reloading for nearly 25 years and now, with retirement, I have rediscovered the joys of ammo manufacturing !

I miss my FZ1 tho . . . . . :-(
dang knees . . . .

My wife out of the blue on Valentine's day said she wanted to do the Texas CHL class. She wants to go practice today on the targets they use in qualifying.

Back