Fire Dragon Brothers levers installed

And these things are literally on the slow boat from China. :confused:
I can't wait 'cause after a day of riding my left hand HURTS!!! :cry: It's still fun to ride though. I can't possibly give that up. :)

Okay Michele, you are hereby sentenced to FZ1 Boot Camp until further notice! Using your left hand ONLY, I want 3 sets of 25 reps twice a day until your FDB's arrive. By that time you'll have super strength in that left hand of yours. Yes, it's painful but you will thank me later!!!!
IMG_0871.jpg

Okay Michele, you are hereby sentenced to FZ1 Boot Camp until further notice! Using your left hand ONLY, I want 3 sets of 25 reps twice a day until your FDB's arrive. By that time you'll have super strength in that left hand of yours. Yes, it's painful but you will thank me later!!!!
IMG_0871.jpg

Will do boss.....not....grin. Pulling the clutch is not the problem. It's how far I have to reach to pull it. I have long fingers, but they ain't that long. :disturbed

So, has it been the experience of those who have ordered that it is about 8 - 10 days to receive them? I got tracking but the link says it was only the information that the package will be ready to ship, not that it had been picked up. I'm ok with them coming in on their own time, but for Michele's sake? I want them now! :D

They really don't take as long as you'd think. I just replaced my FDBs with some Shinetrust chameleon Blue levers, it took about 2 weeks for them to arrive and the tracking number actually worked!

I replaced the FDBs because they got tweaked in my get off back in January. The shinetrust ones seem to be the exact same thing as the FDBs and fit just as well too.
DSCF4609.JPG

They really don't take as long as you'd think. I just replaced my FDBs with some Shinetrust chameleon Blue levers, it took about 2 weeks for them to arrive and the tracking number actually worked!

I replaced the FDBs because they got tweaked in my get off back in January. The shinetrust ones seem to be the exact same thing as the FDBs and fit just as well too.
DSCF4609.JPG

Those look pretty awesome too! That color works well with the bike. :tup:

Thanks! Now, did I miss something here? What is this about you having an off? What happened? Glad you're OK!!!

Those look pretty awesome too! That color works well with the bike. :tup:

In that light, yes. On a overcast day, it's a different shade of blue. At night, still another shade. That's why I call them chameleon blue!

Thanks! Now, did I miss something here? What is this about you having an off? What happened? Glad you're OK!!!

It was all kept hush hush. A rather stupid occurrence that I didn't post about on the forums but did on my blog. (Still haven't changed the tires but I will finally get it done on Friday or Saturday.)

I just wanted to update this thread and say the the finish on my Fire Dragon Brothers levers is fading into an odd purple color. It sounds like the EBay seller doesn't care, but we'll see. I'll post an update later.

All anodized aluminum will change color over time (unless they use the more expensive two-step process) especially if exposed to the sun. The two-step process is to treat with the organic dye first then use the inorganic dye to seal and give the color better UV light resistance. This is an added expense and would drive the cost of these inexpensive levers up significantly.

I figured for the price, should they fade and become undesirable, I can simply have them powder coated to a permanent black for little cost. Shouldn't be too hard for them to coat it and mask off the proper areas. :tup:

All anodized aluminum will change color over time (unless they use the more expensive two-step process) especially if exposed to the sun. The two-step process is to treat with the organic dye first then use the inorganic dye to seal and give the color better UV light resistance. This is an added expense and would drive the cost of these inexpensive levers up significantly.

I figured for the price, should they fade and become undesirable, I can simply have them powder coated to a permanent black for little cost. Shouldn't be too hard for them to coat it and mask off the proper areas. :tup:

If they don't offer to replace them (they shouldn't fade this fast) I was definitely going to send them off for powdercoat.

Back