Fire Dragon Brothers levers installed

schleppy

Teaser:
IMG_3340.JPG

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of info/pics of these levers (besides everyone saying "buy them!"), so I decided to snap some pics after I installed them:
Picasa Web Albums - Sean - 2008 Yamaha FZ1

The ones I bought are all black shorty style, and here is a link to the seller:
04-10 FZ6 06-10 FZ1 09-10 FZ6R XJ6 Brake Clutch Lever B: eBay Motors (item 220654731724 end time Nov-13-10 06:38:15 PST)

They fit like a glove, and I couldn't be happier for $50 shipped. I have smaller hands and these put both levers well within my reach. Shipping took a week and a day (had to come from China), but that's acceptable. The seller was also very quick to reply to any questions I had.

Long story short, go buy them!

Myself, and Wolftamer have posted pics and descriptions. I ride daily and my gold shorties are holding up awesome. I'm pretty sure she's been real happy with hers as well.

She looks great Sean! That's a touring screen... C. Bailey? I take it you did not get the stock screen based on the other thread, eh?

Glad to see you have her home! :tup: Congrats!!!

Teaser:
04-10 FZ6 06-10 FZ1 09-10 FZ6R XJ6 Brake Clutch Lever B: eBay Motors (item 220654731724 end time Nov-13-10 06:38:15 PST)

They fit like a glove, and I couldn't be happier for $50 shipped. I have smaller hands and these put both levers well within my reach. Shipping took a week and a day (had to come from China), but that's acceptable. The seller was also very quick to reply to any questions I had.

Ok, ok.....I just put in an order!:sport12:

Myself, and Wolftamer have posted pics and descriptions. I ride daily and my gold shorties are holding up awesome. I'm pretty sure she's been real happy with hers as well.

I probably should have edited the post, but I also posted this on FZ1OA, where I didn't find as much info.

So far they look and feel great!

I'm such a photo slouch :( but I installed my gold full length (black adjusters) Fire Dragon Brothers levers a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to ride due to weather and illness (bronchitis). I took her out for a quick little ride this afternoon (even though I'm not really well enough to do it) and I can't believe what a difference they make. It's not just the reach distance, but the feel of the brake and where the clutch engages all just feel so much better. I really wish they made these for my wife's Ninja 250R.

The gold isn't quite orange enough to truly match the forks, but it's close enough for me (considering the Pazzo's are over $200), but if I got Pazzo's, I might get the navy blue. Anyone know if the navy blue Pazzo's work with the Colbalt Blue FZ1? (I assume the 2007 and 2009 Colbalt Blue are the same color).

Those all black shorties look sharp with the Granite Gray. I'm even considering getting a shortie set for mine. If I got the same color, then I could mix and match shortie and full length. Just a thought for now.

I'm such a photo slouch :( but I installed my gold full length (black adjusters) Fire Dragon Brothers levers a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to ride due to weather and illness (bronchitis). I took her out for a quick little ride this afternoon (even though I'm not really well enough to do it) and I can't believe what a difference they make. It's not just the reach distance, but the feel of the brake and where the clutch engages all just feel so much better. I really wish they made these for my wife's Ninja 250R.

The gold isn't quite orange enough to truly match the forks, but it's close enough for me (considering the Pazzo's are over $200), but if I got Pazzo's, I might get the navy blue. Anyone know if the navy blue Pazzo's work with the Colbalt Blue FZ1? (I assume the 2007 and 2009 Colbalt Blue are the same color).

Those all black shorties look sharp with the Granite Gray. I'm even considering getting a shortie set for mine. If I got the same color, then I could mix and match shortie and full length. Just a thought for now.

Well you can actually get Pazzos for $180 and from what I have seen the blue ones are not that great of a match for the Cobalt Blue. They are a bit lighter, but can still work. However, the gold Pazzos are an exact match for the gold forks on the 06-08 bikes.

I'm considering the adjustable levers for both my wife and I. I already contacted the seller and he said he'd ship two sets for the cost of one shipping charge. So, if you all want to share a shipping charge, he's the guy to go to. :D

I'm considering the adjustable levers for both my wife and I. I already contacted the seller and he said he'd ship two sets for the cost of one shipping charge. So, if you all want to share a shipping charge, he's the guy to go to. :D

Are you going with the FD Bros. stuff? I gotta say that with over 1,000 miles with mine they still work beautifully.

Are you going with the FD Bros. stuff? I gotta say that with over 1,000 miles with mine they still work beautifully.

If FD Bros sells the adjustable, then yes, but if not, it will be the ones Tony had posted about a few weeks ago. That guy is the one who said they'd ship two for the same cost. They look almost identical to the FD Bros sets though.

If FD Bros sells the adjustable, then yes, but if not, it will be the ones Tony had posted about a few weeks ago. That guy is the one who said they'd ship two for the same cost. They look almost identical to the FD Bros sets though.

The FD levers have a 6 position adjustment on both the brake and the clutch side. I'm sure that if your buying two sets, they would ship them together. You could email them first to confirm.

On a side note, if Tony found another seller then I know they have to be good as well. He's my personal "bloodhound". He always finds me great deals. He's got a knack for sniffing out great deals.

We're on a tight budget as of late. Our goal is to be debt-free (outside of the mortgage) inside of 5 years. Then, the sky's the limit because I'll have..... oh get this..... DISPOSABLE INCOME! :yes: :tup:

Teaser:
IMG_3340.JPG

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of info/pics of these levers (besides everyone saying "buy them!"), so I decided to snap some pics after I installed them:
Picasa Web Albums - Sean - 2008 Yamaha FZ1

Nice job on the pictures! My favorite color bike.

Bumping this one. Ordered two sets of the FDB long levers last night. Black on Black for my FZ1 and the Gold/Black for her FZ1. Under $100.00 shipped for two sets of levers. How can you beat that? :D

So many of you all have ordered them and I've yet to hear anything bad about them. Michele is having a hard time with the reach of the non-adjustable stock clutch lever so this is a must for her. This is my first time ever replacing a bike's stock levers with aftermarket levers (for myself... I've swapped them out for other riders though). So, maybe I will finally know why all of you swapped and bought these after all!

Bumping this one. Ordered two sets of the FDB long levers last night. Black on Black for my FZ1 and the Gold/Black for her FZ1. Under $100.00 shipped for two sets of levers. How can you beat that? :D

So many of you all have ordered them and I've yet to hear anything bad about them. Michele is having a hard time with the reach of the non-adjustable stock clutch lever so this is a must for her. This is my first time ever replacing a bike's stock levers with aftermarket levers (for myself... I've swapped them out for other riders though). So, maybe I will finally know why all of you swapped and bought these after all!

And these things are literally on the slow boat from China. :confused:
I can't wait 'cause after a day of riding my left hand HURTS!!! :cry: It's still fun to ride though. I can't possibly give that up. :)

Back