Finally installed stainless brake lines

If not Galfer then who. You got any recommendations?

Fren Tubo from PJ

From everywhere that I can read, and talking with PJ, comparable to other makes (and you have the ability to play with different color combinations)

Unfortunately, I don't have personal experience (yet), but when I do, I'll be sure to report!

BroHay

Can you guys give me a site where I can see if they'll send the goods to my home. As this stainless costs heeps here.
I looked at PJ but there was something wrong with the item.

Thanks in advance.

Fren Tubo from PJ

From everywhere that I can read, and talking with PJ, comparable to other makes (and you have the ability to play with different color combinations)

Unfortunately, I don't have personal experience (yet), but when I do, I'll be sure to report!

BroHay

click on the PJ, in the quoted text, there isn't much to look at (for pictures) but it gives you the different types of lines that you can purchase from him.

The lines actually come from Italy, hence why it is taking so long for me to get mine b/c they didn't make last weeks shipment. Contact Fren Tubo and see if there is a dealer closer to where you live.

If not, see what I can do to facilitate you getting some lines for your FZ, if you want to go that route.

BroHay

Forgive my somewhat "noob" knowledge, but what bike is it on?

I'd be afraid that something could hook on to that.....but then I'm not a engineer

BroHay

A Yamaha Diversion is an Euro spec, older generation 600 Fazer, Seca II in the US if I'm not mistaken. There is a new Diversion out in Europe for '09 in the US it is called the FZ6R. The R is a real misnomer in this case.

Up until 10 to 15 years ago pretty much all speedos and tacks were cable driven.

View attachment 274

Last edited:
Well, one step closer! Parts are in the US and should be shipped to me sometime with arrival hopefully before the weekend.

Full report will be coming....

BroHay

Man your gonna be happy. Me, I am sitting here staring at my calipers hanging from coat hangers. The doctor says not to do anything right now and he'll let me know when I should start doing anything more than typing on a keyboard. It sucks, but I am glad I'm here, so I will have to wait. Make sure you take pics Adam. Take care brother!

Allright, so didn't make the weekend, but they are here (along with some new Brembo sintered street pads and some misc bling).

Probably won't be until this weekend when I'm able to do the install b/c I'm riding like there is no end to the 65 degree weather we are having here in the Land of Mayana.

FZ1
Changed from the standard - Whatever Yamaha installed to EBC brake pads and couldn't believe the difference. Fizzer now stops on a dime or a penny or if you in South Africa on a cent. EBC seem reasonably priced and work extremely well, so much so that my local Yamaha dealer buys them from the local accessory store that sells them.

Last edited:
Be careful. Some of the "stainless lines" use steel ends which can cause a problem. The higher quality ones have all stainless. I may have a source and might be able to get a group discount. All custom made for the FZ1.

I will put up new post as soon as I talk with my contact. All units are hand made and tested to 5000 psi. "ALL STAINLESS"

Keep you posted.

Back