Finally Converted to FZ1R-N!

On the contrary, I had to sit constantly forward grabbing the tank to resist the wind which made it hard to handle corners as whenever I am riding hard I sit back in the seat. Anything above 75mph made me feel that rear tire is sliding sideways under my a$$. Try the Puig DB Screen; improves the wind protection quite a bit. There is a reason they don't ride naked bike while racing. Makes sense? If your rides are tight twists then that makes sense.

I agree with Tony; a naked doesn't do-it-all as your all round bike.

I can see how the wind blast at high speeds would be disruptive. Only naked high performance bike I've ever ridden was a '10 Kawasaki Z1000 and that was just a short ride that didn't really include extended high speeds. Also on a long ride the constant wind blast definitely tires and fatigues you sooner.

My riding group consists of old, fast, mature riders but those guys are damned fast on their S1000Rs, ZX-10s, GSXR1000s. Poor FZ1 has got to have less handicaps if I want to atleast keep them in sight :D, not that it is not plenty fast in the hands of a capable rider. Not bragging, but I still have a lot to learn. It is more peace of mind for me to worry about my skills rather than external factors like wind. I need a stable bike at all times.

When we ride, straight lines speeds go upto 130+ and corners are still 40-50mph and these are tight TN backroads mind you.

It was not even about the top speed. With the fairing I can't feel the wind much even at 90 mph and can ride with one hand on the bars on my long interstate rides to get to the twisties. With the naked kit, I can't even let one hand go at 65 mph - too much wind resistance and need to slide forward and hug the tank even tighter. This made me do a lot of body position changes while riding hard. I usually sit back when railing it hard so had to slide forward on straights and slide back on corners. Add getting off the seat at the same time too to lean. This reduced my concentration on my lines and shifted it to more on adjusting to the wind blast. It was a mental and physical workout. I like to be relaxed and focussed.

This is why I won't convert. They look amazing naked, but I already knew it would suck after riding my friends Ducati Monster. Over 65 was just terrible, I cant even fathom 120+...

Fairings make you soft lol.
I'm extremely happy with my naked FZ1. It's perfect for the majority of riding I do which is riding twisties.
If you want to regularly ride over 120 mph, go to the track.
It's safer and you can ride as fast as you like without the worry of losing your license.
If you really want to learn how to ride your bike then this is the place to do it.

Hey Crazybiker looks great! and where would someone like my self get on of those front lights? does anyone know.
Im wanting to get a light like that and some clip on handle bars.

It is the euro FZ1 headlight. There are a few conversion threads here and on FZ1OA with the part numbers which you can use to get the parts cheaper from your local dealer or a online one than getting the entire kit for more $$

Back