Finally...another bike for DenArnold

[video=youtube;DT-Uh8KoAvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT-Uh8KoAvw[/video]

Copy your URL and paste it into the box that opens when you click on the "film strip" icon in the tool bar (second last one on right).

Last edited:
some more offroad fun. The sections we ploughed trough were soaked by the past raindays, and it was a quite slippery but fun day. Yes I laid down the bike twice, each on both sides lolup but landed in the mud.
Even my mate on his Heidenau tires slipped and slided his GS800 to the ground. No harm, only more cleaning afterwards ;)

the FUN factor was high, and that's the main

As mentioned earlier, I ordered a set of SW Motech Trax Side panniers, 45L and 37L Black. They arrived this weekend and had some time to mount them. Plug and play. Very straightforward fixing the supports and the cases are easily removable. Both came with a single key to secure the lids and to secure the boxes to the mounting brackets. Even the brackets are easy removable from the bike, with one lockable fixture.

and yes it's got my lucky number already sticked on it

will need to get used to it, as they are wider than my handlebars

past weekend intalled/mounted a SW-Motech skidplate protection and an additional luggage rack. (pictures to follow)
@ Brad: no need no more to get the Altguard skidplate measures

Looking to prep the bike for my Ireland tour in 3 weeks. The current Pirelli Trail tires are pretty used already (after 4k km) and I count/hope they will still last for another 3k km on Irish roads...or maybe shall I mount the Heidenau tires? Most of the tour will be paved roads (with putholes )

past weekend intalled/mounted a SW-Motech skidplate protection and an additional luggage rack. (pictures to follow)

Looking to prep the bike for my Ireland tour in 3 weeks. The current Pirelli Trail tires are pretty used already (after 4k km) and I count/hope they will still last for another 3k km on Irish roads...or maybe shall I mount the Heidenau tires? Most of the tour will be paved roads (with putholes )

The Hiedenaus are great dual purpose tires that do very well on pavement and well off road, especially in what I have seen you ride. Like most 50/50 tires, mud is their only downfall, but still better at that than what you have.

Great looking luggage and nice decals!

The Hiedenaus are great dual purpose tires that do very well on pavement and well off road, especially in what I have seen you ride. Like most 50/50 tires, mud is their only downfall, but still better at that than what you have.

Hey Lee, what are the limitations on riding these nobbies on pavement? I'm sure I need to refrain from trying to scrape my elbow in the tight turns at 120kmh or more with these :Rockon:

Hey Lee, what are the limitations on riding these nobbies on pavement? I'm sure I need to refrain from trying to scrape my elbow in the tight turns at 120kmh or more with these :Rockon:

Not Really, they are surprisingly sure footed in the corners. I have dragged my boots in corners several times now with a Hiedenau rear and Michelin T-63 knobby on the front. I would be cautious in the rain with high corner speeds but once you have them scrubbed in, don't be too fearful in the dry. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

As I have rode these tires now 3000km trough and about Irish paved roads, I can positively state they indeed do handle well on paved roads. Although it is not in favour of their lifespan, I could easily maintain some good corner speed. Do must say that when it went too fast/too lean I could sense some flex in the tires/bike....but that is as good as a warning, right!

Due to work both at work and around the house last weeks/month, I have not had the opportunity to try them out in the dirt...

mounted the OEM headlight cover (plexi) and the DoubleTakeMirrors on my little black Tigress

Attachments

• Image19.png
    Image19.png
    697 KB · Views: 42
  • Image20.png
    Image20.png
    720.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Image21.png
    Image21.png
    756.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Image22.png
    Image22.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 38

OMG I am a horrible person! I would think about this at work every week and totally forget by the time the weekend came around. I am sorry! I hope you are happy with what you bought. It looks similar.

offroad fun in Belgium

With some MSF colleagues (SMT990 and Zero SX) we enjoyed a blast during an Offroad day, organized annually by Endurofun.be.

Fulling up before take off

an SMT is hard to ride :)

first stop, we had a great sunny day

for a picnic

in total 70 riders participated, a bit too much we learned later on during some technical sections

we were given a tripy to track the route, and despite the dry weeks, we now started to pass several puddles :)

Passed a beautiful restaurated monestary-farm

some more mud

The e-bike Zero did quite well on this trip

Some cleaning to be done

Nice sceneries

And the road ended

No harm, other than a bent gearlever and I need to check my idle on the bike

Ready to be cleaned. Notice the bent gearlever.

A picture/slideshow from my GoPro helmcam. Afterwards noticed the housing fogged up onthe inside
[video=youtube_share;8zKp8Yn4iPI]http://youtu.be/8zKp8Yn4iPI[/video]

and a video (filmed by Rollei ActionCam 720p)
[video=youtube_share;n1BaZBU9xik]http://youtu.be/n1BaZBU9xik[/video]

Last edited:
Are you turning ABS off when off-roading?

yes, and that may have saved me if it were on....even on this gravel and grass patch...but you can imagine I not had enough time to switch off/on the engine to reactivate the ABS while trying to get it stopped

:stunta]:

Now I have a problem where the bike upon starting immediately stalls, ie not going into idle. According to Triumph fora there could be a problem with the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or Steppenmotor (dirt) Also read potentially TCU (Trhotthle Control Unit) may be corrupted. THis seems to be a common problem across the 800 engine...

Last edited:
You definitely want ABS turned off on gravel. It will take 3 times as long to stop with it on.

Since it looked like you ran off in a turn I thought maybe ABS was ON and you were not able to slow down enough to make the turn.

Back