FDB Levers Installed on 2 FZ1s

For the price they are pretty good. I was happy with my FDB levers but, as others have stated, they have started to fade a little.
I just bought a set of ASV F3 levers and they are much better than the FDB levers and are even better than Pazzos.
There is no play in them what-so-ever and the fine tuning ability of the ASV's is awesome.
The ASV F3's have a 3 year warranty if they break, even if you crash your bike.
They cost around $150 USD and are an excellent product.

Yep, I've got the ASV F3's as well. Well made and the anodizing looks deep and lustrous, I don't see any fading on the red levers I have. Sometimes you just have to pay more to get the good product, and the unconditional 3 year warranty on the F3's is nice to have. We often spend a lot of money on eye candy so I don't mind spending the dollars on a product that is actually made better and looks better than the Chinese stuff.

standard.jpg

Just to keep this updated, my FDB levers were black when I got them, and have completely faded to almost silver in a few months time.

I contacted FDB and they didn't have any interest in helping me out. Oh well, you get what you pay for. I'll have them powdercoated over the winter or something....

Boy, it must be "hit and miss" with the FDB Levers because my Black Shorties still look brand new and as of the 29th I had made a solid year. Maybe there is some quality control issues. I'll consider myself lucky.

i just looked at my levers today, and i didn't notice before you guys said yours were doing it but mine are fading as well, and fast. they are a weird black glossy gray color now.

Sweet, thanks!

I don't mind spending a little more $ for the product. What's better...ASV or Pazzo?

Pazzo levers are a nice quality as well, but the ASV levers offer a greater range of adjustment as well as offering a better warranty while selling for less.

Well Eric not to disagree with you, but I have to...lol. First of all you can't really believe what FDB tells you since you don't know if that is truly the aluminum alloy that they use. I would think a reputable company such as ASV or Pazzo would be more likely to state the correct type of alloy they use. Also a stiffer alloy is not necessarily a good thing in this case. Would you want the lever to break or bend? The answer is bend because you could always bend it back to get you home. The stronger alloy is stiffer so more likely to break as opposed to bending.

You kind of made my point about wanting a "softer" allow that would give instead of breaking or bending in the "wrong" place. The OEM levers are designed so that the tip breaks off first, but the rest of the lever remains functional. This way you're able to get back home (if the bike is still functional otherwise after the crash).

If you look at the FDB levers. In the event of a crash they would brake at the end because they are designed to do so due to the simi circle cut out of them. Leave a good chunk of the lever usable. Just my 2 cents.

Has anyone ordered from https://www.motomummy.com before? I got my levers but they have a different part # than the packages and different part #s than what comes up on the ASV website. Motomummy says I have the correct part #'s though.

Thanks

I called ASV and it looks like I do have the correct parts. Seems that the part # on the lever assembly is different than what is on their application guide.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered from https://www.motomummy.com before? I got my levers but they have a different part # than the packages and different part #s than what comes up on the ASV website. Motomummy says I have the correct part #'s though.

Thanks

I called ASV and it looks like I do have the correct parts. Seems that the part # on the lever assembly is different than what is on their application guide.

You won't have any issues with Motomummy, they are a very reputable company.

Back