FDB Levers Installed on 2 FZ1s

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Today at work, the two sets of FDB levers arrived from China. :tup: I got the Gold/Black for her '07 FZ1 and the black/black for mine. Here's the obligatory shots below but first, how many felt the clutch side is a bit sloppy after install? The pivot hole is too large, the bushing they installed is pressed in and the stock bushing doesn't fit the hole. Either I am missing something or I need to come up with a better bushing on my own to make them fit better. I'm not complaining much because the price is right and this is fixable. The brake lever is fine though. So, bushing aside, here they are:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also to point out.....

The difference between a stock bike on the center stand and a Soupy's lowered bike on the center stand. I have her lowered almost as far as Soupy allows. His safe range is 9.5" from bolt to bolt centers. She is at 9.25" centered. She's had no issues with the bike bottoming out at all and we have been over some rough terrain with it already!

And never mind the mess in the back of the Busted Knuckle Garage.... yes, I have a lot of work to do!

attachment.php

johnny, we got both sets for $95 including shipping. :D They are $35 a set and $20 to ship but if you can find someone to share a double order with, it is only $4.98 for shipping on the second set. :tup:

Today at work, the two sets of FDB levers arrived from China. :tup: I got the Gold/Black for her '07 FZ1 and the black/black for mine. Here's the obligatory shots below but first, how many felt the clutch side is a bit sloppy after install? The pivot hole is too large, the bushing they installed is pressed in and the stock bushing doesn't fit the hole. Either I am missing something or I need to come up with a better bushing on my own to make them fit better. I'm not complaining much because the price is right and this is fixable. The brake lever is fine though. So, bushing aside, here they are:

Woooohooooo!!!!! No more hand/wrist pain after long rides! :tup: :tup: :tup:

I just got mine today as well black on black.clutch lever feels the same as stock but have not ridden it yet.had some of the shortys on but didnt like them.just try tightening the nut down a little more and see if that does it for ya

johnny, we got both sets for $95 including shipping. :D They are $35 a set and $20 to ship but if you can find someone to share a double order with, it is only $4.98 for shipping on the second set. :tup:
The next thing will most likely be a fce. I noticed hoe tricky it was to get the throttle to roll back on. Nothing to make me panic just more of a delay. So I might give it a try. That and I really really like the Rizoma's

I just got mine today as well black on black.clutch lever feels the same as stock but have not ridden it yet.had some of the shortys on but didnt like them.just try tightening the nut down a little more and see if that does it for ya

Unfortunately, I did tighten to the point the lever started to bind and then backed it off until it pivoted freely. It's not a lot of slop, it's more me being anal about the fitment. I'll fix it. ;) I'll have to take mine off and head to the hardware store. I'm sure I can make something work. :D

Did you manage to get the stock bushing in there? Is your pivot hole larger than the bolt?

You should be able to press out the bush they supplied and fit the stock bushing, it fits heaps better.

On my gen 1, I reused the oem bushing with the FDBs. I didn't notice any slop until after i dropped the bike (oops). With the shinetrust, the bushing came in there and didn't look to be coming out. I haven't noticed any slop with those either.

Excellent levers! :woot: I have the exact same gold with black full length on my '07. I'm toying with getting a shorty pair too. I just wish they made them for the '08-'11 Ninja 250R. I know my wife would love them, but I can't find any other than Pazzo's for $200 a pair, and I can't pay that. :(

I'm sure it's just how I adjusted the cable after install, but now the clutch engages much closer to the bar. It makes a world of difference to me. Enjoy them! They look awesome! :party0011: :cloud9:

Thanks all. For those that used the stock bushing, how did you get theirs out? I tried forcing it out and it was not budging. I'll have to try harder with my set and when I figure it out, I'll do the same to hers.

Thanks all. For those that used the stock bushing, how did you get theirs out? I tried forcing it out and it was not budging. I'll have to try harder with my set and when I figure it out, I'll do the same to hers.

I took mine to work and used the stock bushing to press it out.
I'm lucky as I have access to lathes, mills and presses.

I just put the lever on and didnt mess with it.My stock bushing slides right out of the factory lever.Now that you said something I will have to go look at it.

My stock bushing just came out of the factory lever as well. Not really sure why yours doesn't? Maybe it's a GenI to GenII thing??? My bushing just slipped right out of the lever once I removed it. Interesting????

Sorry if I've misled anyone but what I said was "For those that used the stock bushing, how did you get theirs out?" meaning "For those that used the stock bushing, how did you get theirs (Fire Dragon Brothers bushing) out?"

Yes, the stock bushing in the stock lever practically falls out on its own. I think only the grease holds it in. ;)

Has anyone sent FDB an email/feedback to let them know their bushing has more slop than the OE? I'm sure that they would like to hear from users and enhance their product for future customers. Just my $0.02.

Back