FDB Levers Installed on 2 FZ1s

Thanks Tony! I will give this a shot, maybe tonight! The answer to my message to them was this:

I think it will work just fine. I will suggest to them that they zip-tie and not insert their copper collar for future sales thus making it simple for the buyer.

Thanks!!

So how did you go? Did you manage to press out the copper bushing?

So how did you go? Did you manage to press out the copper bushing?

I have to be honest, I've yet to get out there and try it. We've had crappy weather the last few days and riding wasn't an option. I will before this weekend is over though! Thanks for asking. :tup:

I just recieved mine in the mail and the bushing is in place but held there with a zip tie. It isn't a press fit, it would just fall out without the zip tie. Since I can't get a reply on what lube removed the anodizing what lube are you other guys using with good results, white lithium grease???

Fitted these on mine no problem, these are great after market levers and superb pazzo alternative at a third of the price even with shipping.... ..

Mine came today. My bushing is pressed in, definitely won't just fall out.

Installation was a breeze & the adjustable reach is the bomb! The clutch bushing is a little loose. Not sure I would have noticed had it not been pointed out. But I'll definitely try to get that bushing out and put the stock one in at some point.

Great product! Don't know how they produce them for that price.

I just recieved mine in the mail and the bushing is in place but held there with a zip tie. It isn't a press fit, it would just fall out without the zip tie. Since I can't get a reply on what lube removed the anodizing what lube are you other guys using with good results, white lithium grease???

I just use a multi-purpose grease. The levers still look brand new.
The "chemical reaction to lube" excuse they gave sounds BS to me. Lube away.

I used white lithium. No issues.

All fixed! Tony's suggestion for the socket and the vise worked flawlessly. The FDB bushings came out quite a bit harder than I thought they would but the stock bushings fit exactly as they do on the stock levers. They are now both installed correctly. :tup:

Now that we've had some time to ride with them and move the adjustments all around, I think we've both found them to be a good improvement. She's having no trouble with the clutching anymore and this being the first time I've ever put after-market levers on my bike, well, I really do like them and the adjustability.

For the money, no one can go wrong with these levers. I would recommend them to anyone at this point. :D

Installed mine this weekend. No ride report yet due to weather but the install was easy and they look great. I suspect the shortys will take a little getting used to. The difference in the inside diameter of the stack and FDB bushing was extreme on mine. All in all, I'm happy.

I've put 1000 miles on my FDB levers since installing them and wanted to come back with some usage reports. So far they have worked flawlessly and I've had no issues with the coating coming off.

I used a very mild lubricant (Jig-a-Loo) to get them in and there's no squeaks or grinds or anything.

Comfort-wise I can't say I've noticed a tremendous difference. It's noticeable but it hasn't changed my life. The adjustable clutch lever is a cool feature but I'd say I'm not losing sleep by using OEM levers. That said, my best friend rode my bike with the new levers and absolutely LOVED them. He really disliked the OEM levers on the SV650 and said it was a big improvement switching to these, he wanted a set for his bike but it's just too old

One issue I have noticed (and this is a personal thing) is that the brake lever for me is not really optimal for two-finger braking. It's fine but my first finger has to really stretch to reach to reach the lever at first.

Between these FDBs at $35+shipping and some OEM replicas at ~$28+shipping, it was a no brainer to go with the FDBs and I'm glad you guys recommended them.

Dustin, have your friend but his sv lever part numbers into a reverse parts lookup (ron ayers parts site has one). He should be able to find other bikes that use the same levers and may be able to find adjustable ones that will fit his bike.

One issue I have noticed (and this is a personal thing) is that the brake lever for me is not really optimal for two-finger braking. It's fine but my first finger has to really stretch to reach to reach the lever at first.

Have you tried loosening the brake lever and sliding inboard a bit? I had to readjust where the brake perch position after installing the FDB levers. It made a nice difference.

I've been riding with the FDB levers for a few months and they have been fine so far. I have the black levers and I think they are starting to "fade" a bit. They have a purple sort of hue in some lights. I'll keep an eye on it.

Update: I contacted Fire Dragon Brothers (divintymotor on EBay) about the lever fading, and they are saying that it's from something I did, and they have never heard of the finish fading. The levers have been on for 1200 miles, haven't been in the rain, and have only received a damp microfiber wipe down. I realize these are cheap levers, but the coating coming off that fast is pretty bad. I'm hoping they will replace them, but I doubt it.

If any of you have fading problems I encourage you to send them a message and let them know.

Last edited:
Dustin, have your friend but his sv lever part numbers into a reverse parts lookup (ron ayers parts site has one). He should be able to find other bikes that use the same levers and may be able to find adjustable ones that will fit his bike.

He has an old Honda which they don't make levers for as best as I can tell. It's a somewhat rare bike in a 1986 VFR750F

What type of lube did you use?

Apologies for being MIA and not getting back to this thread.

I used plain old bearing grease. The only other thing to come close to levers would have been chain wax/cable lube from when I used it to lube the cables. Btw, I wrapped the levers with rags to protect them when I did it.

you cheap skates! why don't you just buy some real pazzos! j/k my FDB levers are in the mail right now! these reviews have been very informative, thanks a lot. black standard length with red adjusters, $54 shipped. can't beat it. F you pazzo!

you cheap skates! why don't you just buy some real pazzos! j/k my FDB levers are in the mail right now! these reviews have been very informative, thanks a lot. black standard length with red adjusters, $54 shipped. can't beat it. F you pazzo!

Well a used set of Pazzos can be had for a few more bucks (ok a lot more bucks...lol) than these FDB levers and they don't fade :nana:

Back