FDB Levers Installed on 2 FZ1s

Got into this discussion late. I bought a set of these over the winter. I have about 500 miles this spring and no complaints. I use the FDB bushing, and no looseness or fitment issues. Love the feel and they make the reach to the brake lever much more comfortable.

Last edited:
Since we're on the subject, I just installed my FDB levers for my SV650. I've only just installed them but the fit & quality seems pretty good.

I found out about the levers from this forum so if they work out or don't work out, I'm blaming you guys! :)

Sorry if I've misled anyone but what I said was "For those that used the stock bushing, how did you get theirs out?" meaning "For those that used the stock bushing, how did you get theirs (Fire Dragon Brothers bushing) out?"

Yes, the stock bushing in the stock lever practically falls out on its own. I think only the grease holds it in. ;)

Well FDB should have done what companies such as Pazzo or CRG do...you reuse your old bushing from the stock lever so that there are no fitment issues.

Well FDB should have done what companies such as Pazzo or CRG do...you reuse your old bushing from the stock lever so that there are no fitment issues.

That is what I assumed would take place for fitment Tony, that I would simply fit my stock bushing and bolt it on. But, as you can see in the pictures, there is a gold collar they have inserted into the hole that probably should not be there as the stock bushing will not fit inside of it. I may try to force mine out and fit the stock bushing, even thought of running it through the drill press with the correct sized drill bit. But I want their answer first. The brake side fits like a glove on the stock pin.

I'll work it out and post... either I got the wrong sets OR members before me have just bolted these ones on and not really noticed the difference? I'm like you though... I want it to be a perfect fit. :D

Like I said previously you use the stock bushing to press out the FDB one. But you'll need a small press to do it.

What? How about a hammer and a pair of vise grips? :eek5: :D

I think I have a way to press it. Will try it this weekend while it is raining!! :looseit: :cheers:

Thanks!

FDB levers for my gen1 came with the bushing zip tied to the lever, not already installed. However, The shinetrust levers for the gen1 came with the bushing already installed and fit and finish are the same as the FDBs using the oem bushing.

I just came back from a ride and forgot to check the slop but there is none my levers fit and finish is excellent.They work excellent.

Like I said previously you use the stock bushing to press out the FDB one. But you'll need a small press to do it.

What? How about a hammer and a pair of vise grips? :eek5: :D

I think I have a way to press it. Will try it this weekend while it is raining!! :looseit: :cheers:

Thanks!

A vice, the stock bushing and some small sockets should do the trick as well ;)

Place the lever in the vice with the factory bushing over the one in the lever. On the other side of the lever place the open end of a socket that's big enough for the bushing to fit into. Now clamp the whole thing in the vice and keep tightening it. I can't see how that bushing wouldn't come out :)

A vice, the stock bushing and some small sockets should do the trick as well ;)

Place the lever in the vice with the factory bushing over the one in the lever. On the other side of the lever place the open end of a socket that's big enough for the bushing to fit into. Now clamp the whole thing in the vice and keep tightening it. I can't see how that bushing wouldn't come out :)

Thanks Tony! I will give this a shot, maybe tonight! The answer to my message to them was this:

firedragonbros2009 said:
Hello there. You can press out the copper collar out if you think it is not suitable and put your own bushing in. I recommend you doing this with a bench clamp. Hope you can do it.
Thank you!

I think it will work just fine. I will suggest to them that they zip-tie and not insert their copper collar for future sales thus making it simple for the buyer.

Thanks!!

Should have got the black with blue adjusters and the extendable foldable ones - they are only $20 more. And those dunlops need to go into the bin. OMFG, see the difference between those and the PP2CTs.

Should have got the black with blue adjusters and the extendable foldable ones - they are only $20 more. And those dunlops need to go into the bin. OMFG, see the difference between those and the PP2CTs.

I didn't like that shade of blue at all and it's a bit too flashy for me. ;)

Yes, I know about the tires... Like I've said before, I'm too cheap to get rid of them until the time is up which is real soon now. :cheers:

The only issue I see with the foldable/extendable ones are extra places where something can come loose while riding.
I suppose for a few bux more someone will just wing it, buy some, and let us know how good they are?? :)

Got mine in Feb. Was happy with them until the anodizing started coming off. Sent FDB pics and all they said was it must have been due to a chemical reaction, not their fault. Only "chemical" that's come near them was lube. Does this sound right?

Back