Fairing Shots

At this point I wouldn't clear coat it. I think you're correct in thinking that the fairings would have needed a light (1500-2000 grit) sanding first. Plus leaving it w/o clear it's easier to replace a sticker if it gets damaged or you want to replace it with something else down the road.

At this point I wouldn't clear coat it. I think you're correct in thinking that the fairings would have needed a light (1500-2000 grit) sanding first. Plus leaving it w/o clear it's easier to replace a sticker if it gets damaged or you want to replace it with something else down the road.

I was hoping that someone would confirm that. Thanks Tony. I figured that the new clear would need something to hold onto. Your also right about ever having to replace any of them.

i'm trying to squeeze every last ounce of riding out of it b/c will probably be down for a week or so b/c I have to go to work and have to do all activities under the cover of night...

just trying to procure the last little bits.....and then GAME ON!

.....ring....ring.....clue phone, it's for you.

I don't have a clue phone....

cover of night is the only time I have available to work on the bike b/c work and family. so if I have to forgo a few nights sleep -- then so be it

what did you mean??

.....ring....ring.....clue phone, it's for you.

I don't have a clue phone....

cover of night is the only time I have available to work on the bike b/c work and family. so if I have to forgo a few nights sleep -- then so be it

what did you mean??

Oh, okay. I thought you meant WORK work, like in GC stuff. Around here if the GC wants to get around permits and inspections, they work under the "Cover of Night". Sorry.

working on the Indian Reservation -- I do have to worry about going through the normal local municipalities -- if I got the green light, the Tribe can issue the notice to proceed and I could start work at that very moment.

then I have to rely upon private agencies to do the review of the construction documents or else have the engineer of record accept responsibility for their design. It still has to be compliant with all federal building codes.

The AIS kit was done this morning as well as changing my spark plugs. This finally allowed me to get my fairings back on for good, so here is some pics of the bike as it looks now.

20.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

I just have to finish the rear hugger and that will close up any more mods for at least a little while. I now have clean oil, plugs, filter, no airpump, so now I am gonna enjoy it for a while.

Oh I noticed! Just trying to decide if I go fender washer or mount some sliders.....

Bike looks fantastic! Just trying to gear myself up for something similar.....

Back