Fairing Shots

I received the first of 8 decals to dress up my lowers. I am still waiting for the large "Yamaha" for the bottom as well as "Bridgestone", "Monster Energy", and another that I can't remember off hand right now. I just set them up quickly and I may change them around once the others arrive. I can't wait! I love dressed up fairings.
002-8.jpg

003-7.jpg

I received the "Yamaha" decals yesterday so I figured I may as well put them on being that I know for sure where they will go. I am still waiting for two more before I finish. I'll be heading for Ivan's tomorrow morning for the AIS kit. I can't wait to finish so I can get these fairings on for good.
003-8.jpg

you going to have any black showing after your done?

Question for ya....on the shifter side, so you have any contact with the shifter hitting the plastics? (maybe it is just b/c I have aftermarket all the way up/back with the shift arm set lower.....ya think??)

Adam

you going to have any black showing after your done?

Question for ya....on the shifter side, so you have any contact with the shifter hitting the plastics? (maybe it is just b/c I have aftermarket all the way up/back with the shift arm set lower.....ya think??)

Adam

I never liked Black anyway!!:sinister:LOL. Yeah, because the decals, although you see a white outline on them, it's really just the backing paper. Once you peel them, they will blend in with the black.

Second question, No, I do not have any interference with the shifter at all. It may be your rearsets although I would think that being further back it would be less likely to touch. Post a shot so I can see.

Okay, I'm done. The hardest part was the "Yamalube" decal because of the bend in the fairing. I like them a lot and can't wait to get the A.I.S. kit done to be able to remount them on the bike. Here's a shot of the two finished fairing halves.

003-9.jpg

what are the stickers made out of -- or you gonna clearcoat the lowers?

Or are they a high quality vinyl?

They are definitely high quality decals. I made sure not to pick the decals that cost less than a couple of dollars. I may or may not opt to clearcoat. I'm still deciding only because I don't know if its too late or not. I think if I were going to clear, the fairing should have been sanded first, I'm not sure. It looks really good as is but I'll see.

Back