Excuses

As we all know, the FZ1 likes to go fast. There is a small subset of people that wear blue and drive cars that are black and white and have flashing red and blue lights that have a problem with that. So for those times when those people have an issue I have compiled a few, well thought out excuses. They might help...you never know:

1) "100 MPH?! Sir, my bike idles at that speed!"

2) "Sir, I was only able to afford one those cheap GPS's. It only receives information from one satellite so I have to stay right under it."

3) "Where was I going in such a hurry? Well you see I only had to go a couple blocks back in the other direction, but my bike doesn't have reverse, so I had to take the long away around..."

4) "100 MPH? Of course I knew I was going 100 MPH. I was still in first gear."

5) "The guys on the FZ1 forum said I have to keep the RPM's avove 10,000 so the engine doesn't rust."

6) "Well it was like this officer: This guy in a Cessna tried to pass me..."

7) "Speed is relative officer. Yes, compared to the speed of your career path I suppose 100 MPH is fast. Then again..."

Last edited:
lol, yeah, except in mega slow/busy city conditions, rookie po-pos are clueless about bikes needing roll on before the bike runs properly. Also they fail to realize that riders are usually 110% ALERT when riding, at least the hyper sport riders. (But we have a few cruiser guys here that know what they are doing!)

The best defense against the rookie po-po is the beltronic sti and laser paint stuff. I'm up to 31 saves now. Every time I get caught I get a ticket, except one, when po lit me up to check my license (and I was sleeping behind traffic, no 1 lane, on slab, didn't see him sneak up). His probable cause to stop was that my plate was dirty. It was, from cal trans throwing sand on some snow, BUT still readable.

Our problem here, this time of year, is that newbs are getting out and po-po watch commanders hammer on stopping all the crashing.

Our cagers are great here, but don't crash around them as they get all upset.

I have always found that some humility, respect and honesty will go a long way in getting at least a reduced fine.

Of course there was the time I go pulled over on my way up US 12 to Mt Rainier last summer. I didnt think I was speeding and the State Trooper was pulling onto the road next to an exit for a viewpoint which I was stopping at. He points his finger over his cab like he is signalling me to continue down the highway but I had my blinker on so I just kind of looked at him and went into the viewpoint parking lot. Man he was all cranked up that I made him drive all the down to the parking lot (50-100ft) and started talking his cop-smack. I just looked at him and said "is this really worth a scene? Why did you pull me over anyway?" "I clocked you doing 61" (oh wow, in a 55?) My sister who was on back started schmoozing, she has a buddy who is a WSP. So I am rolling my eyes at her (since one of our brothers is a WSP) but I wasnt looking for favors. I gave him my liscense and registration (both from WV) and he looks at it and he looks at me and he looks back at the liscense. As he is looking at the registration he asks "are you really from WV?" I said yes, I am really from WV. He then asked "do you know a guy named Donovan Daly (my brother)" I looked him square in the eye and said "well it depends, you like him?" (yeah well Donovan can be a bit of a prick at times so it was actually a prudent question but I slowly cracked a smile). My sister laughs and said "yeah he is our brother."

Well that cop changed his tune instantly! "You know I taught your brother to shoot radar in this very spot when he was a cadet"

The moral of the story is of course, if youre going to get pulled over, make sure its by someone who trained your brother to be a cop! Then you dont need an excuse! :)
:thewave:

I actually just got pulled over today! Gunned it right after a turn outside of my work, usually if there's a cop he's right at the turn, this time he was down the road. Once I saw him I was going 75 in a 35!! The instant I saw his car move I just pulled over and waited.

Cop just said, "keep it safe, cagers aren't use to seeing bikes out this early, have a good day"

Let me go without me saying a word! I wonder if my preemptive pullover helped?

What a baddass cop!

I actually just got pulled over today! Gunned it right after a turn outside of my work, usually if there's a cop he's right at the turn, this time he was down the road. Once I saw him I was going 75 in a 35!! The instant I saw his car move I just pulled over and waited.

Cop just said, "keep it safe, cagers aren't use to seeing bikes out this early, have a good day"

Let me go without me saying a word! I wonder if my preemptive pullover helped?

What a baddass cop!

Maybe he was a motorcycle cop just doing cruiser duty that day. If he actually used the term "cager" he was probably a motorcyclist, either personally or professionally.

Sometimes police officers DO have a sense of humour, it all in your approach.

Yeah, that's what I assumed. Never heard the term cager used by anything other than a biker. It would have been cool to talk to him for a little bit but honestly I was just shocked at what he said! My approach was just to make life easy for him and pull over right away once I saw him start to pull out. I was ready to take that one, would've been my first ticket in 6 yeras.

you are pretty lucky....when i lived in the UK, i had an English drivers license, we used to drive too fast on the motorway, one time i got pulled over and gave the cop my american drivers license and told him i thought you could drive as fast as you wanted to on the autobahn.....he said "you stupid yank, this is england, the autobahn is in germany, if i catch you again, i am going to write you up", luckily he let me go without a ticket, it would have been huge, like 120 in a 70.

Yeah, that's what I assumed. Never heard the term cager used by anything other than a biker. It would have been cool to talk to him for a little bit but honestly I was just shocked at what he said! My approach was just to make life easy for him and pull over right away once I saw him start to pull out. I was ready to take that one, would've been my first ticket in 6 yeras.
I had never heard the term cager until I got on this forum so basically this forum is building my vocabulary :)

I've gotten out of two tickets pretty easily just by making the cop laugh.. If you can get the cop to laugh your homefree!! well hopefully. A pretty good excuse is :cowboy: "Well I heard in need for speed that if i go fast enough you wouldnt even try to pull me over.. so thats why i was doing 160.."

!@@@@%$%$!@#^#@^& dammit why did i have to say that (my post above this) guess what i got today:wow: yup a ticket.. But i at least got him to laugh a lil so instead of getting a excabition of speed and power (misdemeanor) i got a speeding ticket for 15 mph over the limit.. I guess thats better than the other option but whyyyyyy did i have to gynx myselfffffffffffffff ugh

!@@@@%$%$!@#^#@^& dammit why did i have to say that (my post above this) guess what i got today:wow: yup a ticket.. But i at least got him to laugh a lil so instead of getting a excabition of speed and power (misdemeanor) i got a speeding ticket for 15 mph over the limit.. I guess thats better than the other option but whyyyyyy did i have to gynx myselfffffffffffffff ugh

On radar? or laser? In city stuff or highway? I guess down there it's all city stuff though.

Work for the SO out here. See them a lot. :-D

All the depts want mals, but the problem is that the best mals often don't like new handlers, just the trainer they know from puppy hood. On top of that the new handlers don't know what they're getting, and are half afraid of the mal, or even a good shepherd, and the little buggers take charge, causing all kinds of problems. Thank God they love to bite because when they know a bite is coming, they pay attention. Works out in the end, barely though. Dang tools still wanna take mals/good shepherds to schools, not good.

Don't know how depts get anything done.

We have one Mal in the department that was trained since he was a puppy by our K9 Sgt. He is a certified trainner and what not, before he came to the office.

Anyhow, long story short, that dog scares me. It's super attentive, almost robotic. It could be full sprint, and he yells something at it (different language), and it will hit the dirt like a baseball slide. Insane stuff these animals are capable of.

Back