Excessive speeding?

spn4125

Real local winner here...

Motorcyclist allegedly hit 170 mph on Thruway, but, when arrested, said he could easily do 190 mph - DailyFreeman.com

NEW PALTZ, N.Y. -- A 25-year-old Charlton, N.Y., man was arrested Wednesday after state troopers allegedly clocked him traveling between 150 and 170 miles per hour southbound between Ravena and New Paltz on the New York State Thruway.

According to state police, a motorcycle operated by Nikkolaus V. McCarthy was clocked traveling 166 mph on the Thruway at about 12:45 p.m. in the village of Ravena.

The trooper attempted to stop McCarthy when he slowed for traffic, but was unable to do so, according to state police. The trooper was able to obtain a description of the operator and the license plate number of the motorcycle before breaking off pursuit due to the speed involved.

The description was radioed and other troopers allegedly clocked the motorcyle at 150 and 170 mph.

Thruway maintenance workers provided updates of the location of the cyclist.

Troopers located the motorcycle when it slowed in traffic in the town of New Paltz approximately 50 miles and 20 minutes later.

McCarthy pulled over and was arrested, telling troopers he was low on gasoline, according to police.

Told how fast he was clocked, McCarthy is said to have responded that his Suzuki could easily go over 190 MPH.

He was arrested for fleeing police, reckless driving, speeding, and operating out of class, as he did not have a motorcycle license.

He was arraigned in Ravena Court and jailed at Albany County Correctional Facility on $20,000 bail pending further court action.

Real local winner here...

Motorcyclist allegedly hit 170 mph on Thruway, but, when arrested, said he could easily do 190 mph - DailyFreeman.com

NEW PALTZ, N.Y. -- A 25-year-old Charlton, N.Y., man was arrested Wednesday after state troopers allegedly clocked him traveling between 150 and 170 miles per hour southbound between Ravena and New Paltz on the New York State Thruway.

According to state police, a motorcycle operated by Nikkolaus V. McCarthy was clocked traveling 166 mph on the Thruway at about 12:45 p.m. in the village of Ravena.

The trooper attempted to stop McCarthy when he slowed for traffic, but was unable to do so, according to state police. The trooper was able to obtain a description of the operator and the license plate number of the motorcycle before breaking off pursuit due to the speed involved.

The description was radioed and other troopers allegedly clocked the motorcyle at 150 and 170 mph.

Thruway maintenance workers provided updates of the location of the cyclist.

Troopers located the motorcycle when it slowed in traffic in the town of New Paltz approximately 50 miles and 20 minutes later.

McCarthy pulled over and was arrested, telling troopers he was low on gasoline, according to police.

Told how fast he was clocked, McCarthy is said to have responded that his Suzuki could easily go over 190 MPH.

He was arrested for fleeing police, reckless driving, speeding, and operating out of class, as he did not have a motorcycle license.

He was arraigned in Ravena Court and jailed at Albany County Correctional Facility on $20,000 bail pending further court action.

Every town has "one of those" !!

Dam! That's fast... 25K miles on mine and I brake 118 MPH once in the middle of nowhere for a second... That's why I didn't get a sport bike when I was younger and fearless (clueless) I never brake 80-85 on freeway, depending of the pace of traffic. I just like to get there quick...lol

Heard about that this morning on the radio on my way in to work...

What an idiot! He's in a safer place now...lol

Its jacka$$es like this that give the rest of us sportbike riders a bad name. And why do so many motorcyclists have no M endorsement?

Well he ain't gonna get an endorsement now! it's one thing to stretch the legs on some back road somewhere every now and then, but to do it on a main highway with traffic is idiocy. One little mishap and he's in little pieces all over the freeway.
80-85? Geez that's normal on 121 going home from work in the afternoon, if I don't go at least that fast I'll get run over. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he ain't gonna get an endorsement now! it's one thing to stretch the legs on some back road somewhere every now and then, but to do it on a main highway with traffic is idiocy. One little mishap and he's in little pieces all over the freeway.
80-85? Geez that's normal on 121 going home from work in the afternoon, if I don't go at least that fast I'll get run over. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This actually happened in the same area last summer. Two young guys heading north on the Thruway (same road) on bikes at night. One guy decides to go speeding off into the night and the other does not. When the second slower rider gets to their destination the other guy is nowhere to be found. A few days later they find the guy and his bike a few hundred feet off the road in a swamp dead. He must have lost control and put it into the trees at a very high rate of speed. Sad...

Unreal... Had a guy on a R6 (stolen) a couple years ago that took us on a chase and up to 170 mph. Sucks for him that our gas tanks are bigger and hard to get away from a helicopter. He ran out of gas and we had plenty left. Lol.

Had another guy with a passenger on the back and they reached close to 150mph. Sucks for the girl when he dumped the bike and took off running in an open field... He obviously didn't get far and was easy to find. Lol.

Shocking ;) ... But I don't think either had a motorcycle endorsed license or for that even a valid license.

I know there are some great riders on this forum that like to have a great ride in the hills and carving some curves, but also know the most fun is on the track where you can tear it up with better safety and support.

Every town has "one of those" !!

Well I guess we have two, haha this just in: Motorcyclist clocked at 193 mph on Thruway, issued 14 tickets (updated with photo) - DailyFreeman.com

ROSENDALE, N.Y. - A 28-year-old motorcyclist was arrested Wednesday evening after he was clocked traveling at speeds up to 193 miles per hour on the New York State Thruway, state police said.

Anthony J. Anderson of Poughkeepsie was first seen speeding on the Thruway in the town of Coeymans, Albany County, in rainy conditions, state police at Kingston said. Police said Anderson was later stopped by troopers in Rosendale without incident and allegedly told them he was on his way to visit a patient in a Poughkeepsie area hospital.

Anderson was issued 14 traffic tickets, including one charging him with traveling 193 miles per hour in a 65-mile-per-hour zone and another charging him with reckless driving, a misdemeanor.

State police Sgt. William Lovely said Anderson was driving a 2005 Suzuki motorcycle and the speed-in-zone violation charging him with traveling 193 miles per hour occurred at 7:49 p.m. He said troopers had attempted to pursue Anderson, but could not keep up.

Three separate troopers ticketed Anderson based on the infractions each one observed, Lovely added. He said one trooper issued five tickets in the town of Catskill in Greene County, while two others issued tickets in Ulster County.

Anderson was arraigned in Saugerties Town Court and taken to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $1,500 bail.

An officer at the Ulster County Jail said Anderson was not in custody as of this morning.

I thought sportbikes were governed at like 186 mph or something like that, no? I am sure it isn't hard to remove the top gear restriction though. I am assuming this was a Hyabusa.

I thought sportbikes were governed at like 186 mph or something like that, no? I am sure it isn't hard to remove the top gear restriction though. I am assuming this was a Hyabusa.

Yea, speed governor is not difficult to defeat. And I can't imagine any other Suzuki other than a 'Busa hitting those speeds...

WOW!!!

After reading the articles you guy's posted, I cannot say that I'm suprised, but rather dissapointed of how brainless people can be. What is the purpose of hitting 150mph???? I don't know, they triying to get back to the past or what??

never fails the fools trying to break the sound barrier in person, just do not even have a motorcycle permit, let alone a license.

cause they just are to stupid to get a permit?
had there learners permit revoked?
had there license revoked?
:doh2:
:poke:

Running over a buck 40 is no big deal.... in Nevada! I've had my FJR over 140 many times and best fully loaded was 151 GPS confirm.
Had the FZ1 hit 161 once, real quick too.

Speed is fun on the track or out near BFE in the desert.

Most likely there are not many good places to do that on the East Coast, bummer.

Back