Excellent video in the Tail of the Dragon from Killboy

I've ridden it 6 times in the same week but it was on the FZ6. Can't wait to get back there with the FZ1 !!! :D It is that much fun but there is NO WAY I could keep up with those local guys and gals.

Some of them drive it at night in the rain. There are NO lights up there anywhere along the 11.8 miles.

The camera angle never seems to tilt left and right so I am thinking it can't be a bike the camera is mounted to. Had to go back and look again to see the guy was really bragging that his car was keeping up with a sport bike on the dragon. ;)

Anyway... I would never be riding it that fast but I would definitely enjoy it!

Last edited:
The camera angle never seems to tilt left and right so I am thinking it can't be a bike the camera is mounted to. Had to go back and look again to see the guy was really bragging that his car was keeping up with a sport bike on the dragon. ;)

Anyway... I would never be riding it that fast but I would definitely enjoy it!

It was a Honda S2000, which handles very well so I am not surprised that it could keep up with the bike. The turns are so tight that the bike is never really able to exploit it's better power to weight ratio. It would have been "better" if the camera had been mounted on another bike. Very nice none the less.

Last edited:
The rider definiely knows and understands the road. It's a totally different story when riding an unknown patch of blacktop, especially when it can have sand/gravel, or leaves on the surface.

I have NEVER seen any car that could keep up with a bike on the hill. I ride there almost every weekend and believe me the guy on the bike was in no way pushing it. He could have left the car so far behind he would have thought he was first. Still an entertaining vid though!

Last edited:
Its only a 4 hour ride from where i live. I know many riders that have had the pleasure of rideing the Dragon and heard there stories. I have missed out on going but this spring WILL be the year i finally ride the "Dragon"! Nice video, i cant wait!

That was some mighty fine bike riding as well. Can any of you ride your bike like that? I can...in my dreams.

I would probably have to ride that road every day for two years and still probably couldn't remember each turn in order to ride like he did. He probably commutes to work on the dragon. Wouldn't that be nice?!

Killboy is a local and is one of the top photographers on the dragon. Check out www.killboy.com for more! :D

Here is a picture he took of me in May on my FZ6 at the Dragon.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I would probably have to ride that road every day for two years and still probably couldn't remember each turn in order to ride like he did. He probably commutes to work on the dragon. Wouldn't that be nice?!

I think if I had started on the motorcycles at 18 I could ride like that...in 10 years or so. I don't think there's any hope for me now though.

Eric, that's a fantastic photo.

Back