Euro Headlight Kit 2009 FZ-1

nv25

I am about to order the Euro headlight conversion kit for my 2009 FZ-1, will I need to order anything else to install the kit or customize anything on the bike? I want to order it before the price goes up again b/c two weeks ago it was $531 and now it jumped up to $586.

I am about to order the Euro headlight conversion kit for my 2009 FZ-1, will I need to order anything else to install the kit or customize anything on the bike? I want to order it before the price goes up again b/c two weeks ago it was $531 and now it jumped up to $586.

partshark kit is very complete, the only thing that is not provided is the main cable that connects the lights, the europe version uses another connection, nothing can be resolved with a few wires solder

partshark kit is very complete, the only thing that is not provided is the main cable that connects the lights, the europe version uses another connection, nothing can be resolved with a few wires solder

I think the wire harness for the lights ends up being quite a bit longer on the FZ1, but from what I have seen people just roll it up and hide it as best they can by the steering head. Also remember that the radiator side plates on the FZ1N are different, but you should be able to use your stock ones for now. You can buy the kit from Partshark with the new covers as well or get CF ones on eBay.

yup, nothing to it man, it's not that complicated at all and just take the main harness and pull into the airbox are and tie it up

I was also thinking about buying this kit for my 08 Fz1. The partshark websites mentions that it doesn't come with turn signals. Do most people just use the existing blinkers or is there an additional kit?

Also, does anyone know if there is a step by step DIY someone put together while installing it? That would be super helpful.

You can reuse your stock blinkers and yes on the other forum there is a step by step.... just search fz1 naked

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

The kit comes with everything. Except mirrors. You'll have to figure out some new mirrors and brackets. Or, change your bars to accomodate mirrors (you can buy master cyclinder and clutch perch for FZ8N from Yamaha or dealer ~ $200 if you go that way. They work.) Depends if you want good mirrors that won't vibrate and fall off or take a chance on other mirrors and brackets. Or, some people use bar end mirrors.

As mentioned, there are some threads detailing the conversion. I had someone help me do it.

It really is not complicated at all...just looks it...once you get the parts laid out..its pretty simple...and ....

I don't know if your buying from dealer or partshark but my dealer pricematches and pricematched for me....

My total was less than 500 before tax...I can upload the paper receipt for comparison

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information. I am def going to buy it and can't wait for the new look. The next thing I gotta do is measure the length of my bike and the elevator to see if I can get it inside my loft!! Don't want to do this in the parking garage! :dontknow:

Back