engine oil

Looks okay to me. Four stroke full synthetic designed for today's motorcycles....Go for it buddy! Just because it says "V-twin" on it doesn't mean you can use it. They don't have any Mobil 1 "4T" out by you? You could use that as well.

The only thing that I would wonder about is 20w-50. Would be a bit heavy for very cold weather at the start of the season. If you lived in Texas sure. I suppose if you have a heated garage it should be ok.

Lower number such a s 5w-40, 10w-40 is more common in bikes.

The only thing that I would wonder about is 20w-50. Would be a bit heavy for very cold weather at the start of the season. If you lived in Texas sure. I suppose if you have a heated garage it should be ok.

Lower number such a s 5w-40, 10w-40 is more common in bikes.

20w-50 is what Yamaha says to use in their inline 4 motors. You have been living in the frozen tundra too long when you think low numbers as 5 or 10w :D

yamaha

I would say stay with all Yamaha and with everything they recommend for a least the first 3 yrs of the bikes made,I bought a 1990 490 and they said 24 to 1 ratio I ran that for 5yrs,yeah I know that's a lot of oil but as of 2012 it runs like new.now it's an fz1,got too old for dirt but I would stay with what they say so far so good.

Back