ECU going east

awsome deal

i've just done this and the accelleration is so hard that the front tire just skimmes the road and it runs much cooler.More power everywhere but around 6k hang on,i have the ecu mod,airbox mod w/BCMfilter Ivans block off plates full Yoshimura,pc3 w/ Ivans custom map.This saves about 250.00 off the other way with the ftc ect.I highly recommend it!

My ECU is in it's way back to California. I hope that I can make time to install and test ride this weekend. Depends on how well I sleep on the flight hope from Japan.

Congratulations to ivan.
It would be nice to see a dyno chart comparing stock/re-flashed stock(only power commnader)/re-flash modded(power commander,exhaust,flies etc).

:tup:

If you do not have the money for Ivan's re-flash right now, you better stop reading right now! :surrender:

Holy sheep sh%# Batman! I just returned from the first ride with Flashed ECU and new PC3 map. It feels like it has perfectly jetted carbs! The power is so much more meaty below 5K and it revs so smoothly. I was riding around between 4K and 8K on the tach and it was butter smooth. Completely close the throttle and there is no hitch in it's giddy-up. In a word, it is STUPENDOUS!

Last edited:
I was working in Memphis last week and a guy came into the store that had a FZ1. I noticed a full Yosh exhaust and ask him what else he done to it. He said everything, and I asked him from Ivan, and his response was yes, of course. He was one of the first to have his remapped and told me it was awesome, could not be any better, very happy! Ivan will give you a discount on the remapping if you send in your FCE.

I may have to consider this. One advantage is that Ivan is close enough that I should just be able to ride over and get it reflashed. He can take out the FCE at the same time :)

From my post on the FZ1OA site:

Out for a ride yesterday with Ivan's ECU reflash, etc. Since the only mod
I had before was the FCE, it proved to be a quantum leap in performance.

The bike is markedly easier to ride smoothly. I was able to focus my attention on riding more proficiently, which made riding 100% more fun. Before I would have to concentrate too much on control input to try to get a smoother and more controlled ride. It was almost as if the bike and I were fighting each other. The stock bike fell way short of what I though it should or could be and as a result caused me to sometimes wonder if the FZ1 was the right choice.

I never understood what was meant by "improved throttle response" until now. Smooth predictable roll-on with no harshness or jerkiness for the first time on this bike. Acceleration in all gears is predictable and much easier to control. The engine keeps on pulling noticeably stronger in all the lower gears all the way to the new redline. I havent had a chance to test pull in the higher gears yet but I'm sure i will not be disappointed. Upshifts were extremely precise and required much less effort to execute smoothly. Downshifts were also easy to execute with more precision and smoothness. Probably in part due to the reduced engine braking which I found to be really helpful in riding the bike more smoothly. Accelerating through and out of corners without snatch or roughness was another major benefit. Seems like Ivan hit it just right. Did I say smooth?

When I first called Ivan I said I was most interested in improving "rideability" but additional power/performance would be a welcome plus. I got it ALL and more.

If you havent already;

1. Call Ivan
2. Send in your ECU
3. Reinstall ECU along with the other recommended mods if needed.
4. Enjoy the ride on your "NEW" bike!

I'm going to do this when the bike is retired for the winter. This year is a tear-down year to clean, inspect and replace all moving parts outside of the engine/tranny. I have more work to do on the forks as well. Good time to send the ECU down to Ivan for his special sauce and load up his map... Then I'll have a "new bike" in the spring! :unworthy::eek5::D

I'm going to do this when the bike is retired for the winter. This year is a tear-down year to clean, inspect and replace all moving parts outside of the engine/tranny. I have more work to do on the forks as well. Good time to send the ECU down to Ivan for his special sauce and load up his map... Then I'll have a "new bike" in the spring! :unworthy::eek5::D

You will not be happy that you waited after riding it with the flashed ECU. If you use FedEx, you can have it back within 3 days.

You will not be happy that you waited after riding it with the flashed ECU. If you use FedEx, you can have it back within 3 days.

I've actually thought of riding the bike down to Ivan and pre-arrange a date/time... I'll yank the ECU myself and hand it to him. Maybe I can crash on a certain Bronx NY couch.... ;)

I've actually thought of riding the bike down to Ivan and pre-arrange a date/time... I'll yank the ECU myself and hand it to him. Maybe I can crash on a certain Bronx NY couch.... ;)

Do what you gotta do to get it flashed. The improvement is huge to me. I LOVE 1st and 2nd gear now as the power builds smooth withut the big rush at 6K. It flat rips from 9K up to the rev limiter.

I did take video on my test ride. It's through my tinted windscreen, so the video is not great. But it show the bike and how the bike runs now..:sinister::yes:

Video proof!

I had fun with the power

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InPG6eQT218&feature=player_detailpage]First ride with re-flashed ECU - YouTube[/ame]

Back