ECU going east

I'm going to pull my ECU this week and ship it to Ivan for a flash and seeing as I will be in Japan the next week, I will have minimal down time. Add in the fact that he is offering good a discount if you return your FCE when you send in your ECU.

I am excited. The bike is great now, but the it's about to awesome!

*Low gear power limiter removal
*Disable fuel cut
*Re-program sub-throttles for max power at any rpm and throttle position
*Cooling fans come on at 208 degrees
*Complete re-curve of ignition timing – optimized for 89 octane fuel
(premium fuel not necessary)
*Raise rev-limit to 12,300 rpm
*Anything that compromises performance and/ or driveability is eliminated.

You'll have to PM or call Ivan for a price. I would hate to tell you one price and have it be something else. I talked with him today and he was telling me many good things. I believe him too! My bike is everything he said it would be with the mods I already have. I am looking forward to better fuel mileage, great throttle response, lower running temps and most of all Full power in the lower gears.

Last edited:
One note... a Power Commander (3 or 5 and he includes the correct map) is *required* for this flash and it is flashed for the following:

Stock Flies, airbox mod, BMC/K&N filter, & FULL Exhaust system.

I'm curious about the price myself because one post mentions it's "cheaper than his previous solution" a.k.a. FCE? That means under $200? I hope I read that correctly...

Just so happens that I meet all his criteria but I want to know from him how velocity stacks come into play..... ;)

One note... a Power Commander (3 or 5 and he includes the correct map) is *required* for this flash and it is flashed for the following:

Stock Flies, airbox mod, BMC/K&N filter, & FULL Exhaust system.

I'm curious about the price myself because one post mentions it's "cheaper than his previous solution" a.k.a. FCE? That means under $200? I hope I read that correctly...

Just so happens that I meet all his criteria but I want to know from him how velocity stacks come into play..... ;)

He provides a new PC map with the flash and It is less expensive than an IM and FCE together.

I'm another one who's waiting for the result of this mod. If its all that's promised, it'll be the mod of all mods for the mighty fz1!
I wonder if trimmed flies will make any difference with the Ivan flash?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

that list looks like a must have for any bike.

sorry for the dumb question. bought my FZ tuesday night, never had a efi bike before. does this Ivan fella have a website?

I'm another one who's waiting for the result of this mod. If its all that's promised, it'll be the mod of all mods for the mighty fz1!
I wonder if trimmed flies will make any difference with the Ivan flash?

i'll be buying it shortly and doing dyno runs to see the differences of stock, ivans flash + ivans map, ivans flash + my map. i'll post up when done.

that list looks like a must have for any bike.

sorry for the dumb question. bought my FZ tuesday night, never had a efi bike before. does this Ivan fella have a website?

google...cmon man

Ivan's Performance Products

Please do not forget that his flash is for a specific set of mods.... see my post above. And it also means putting your stock flies back in. And last, requires a Power Commander and Ivan's map to start which you can then tune afterward.

Please do not forget that his flash is for a specific set of mods.... see my post above. And it also means putting your stock flies back in. And last, requires a Power Commander and Ivan's map to start which you can then tune afterward.

No need to change the flies. Ivan stated on FZ1OA that he tested with and without flies with no detectable difference. So I highly doubt that small flies will matter.

I hadn't been back to read his updates since telling us about the stock flies so I have been corrected. :D But this is still for the airbox mod, aftermarket filter and full exhaust with a PC III/V right?

I don't think his changes to the ECU require you to have a things like a full exhaust system or a modified air box / aftermarket filter. It's the Fuel map provided for the PCIII or V (which is still needed with his flash since he doesn't address fueling issues on the flash itself) is customized to the full system and airbox/filter. . . .He could probably provide you with a map for a slipon etc. . .

Things like <Removing the low gear restrictions, removing fuel cut on deceleration, changing the secondary plate characteristics, altering the fan temp kick in, and changing ignition characteristics> should be improvements regardless of your intake / exhaust mods.

Based on his latest comments, it appears he will now provide the flash to suit your needs and based on the stage of mods you list for him. Very impressive work! Still only requires a Power Commander 3 or 5 at this time.

Nice! Now I'll have to save some pennies and call him for a price. ;)

Back