East central IL-West central IN

Thanks, Billy. My shield was worse than Jodie's, but i had already cleaned it. I brought Plexus, so that's a good cure for what bugs us.

I can't imagine riding without a full face helmet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We've left Hannibal and Mark Twain behind. We've done the tourist stuff a few times in the past, so we just grabbed a photo and got back to riding.
View attachment 15032

We seem to stop at Casey's to get gas and a refreshment.
View attachment 15033

Now we are having some great Mexican food for lunch and back to the road.
View attachment 15034
View attachment 15035

We should have around 600 miles for the 2 day trip.

Made it home after 603.5 miles in 2 days. We mostly toured the Casey's stores, but we only went to ride. No great roads were found, but we had a great time and I got over 40 mpg (I usually accelerate hard and get 32-36 mpg). I usually didn't exceed 4000 rpm. The scenery was beautiful with perfect weather today. We did get sprayed by a giant crop watering device that was spraying across and on the road. I was hot anyway and dried fast.

I'm glad you guys had fun and made it back safe and sound. I swear that every time I see your photo I immediately think back to this.......

dabears_zps5b6b2d2d.jpg

Had to be THE funniest skit ever on SNL!

I'm glad you guys had fun and made it back safe and sound. I swear that every time I see your photo I immediately think back to this.......

dabears_zps5b6b2d2d.jpg

Had to be THE funniest skit ever on SNL!

I just say "Da Packers" instead. I see me and think of John Candy. Maybe "Uncle Buck". LOL

Just a side note: we saw gas prices in MO as low as $3.399 and in IL as high as $4.199. The highest I payed was $3.999 and that's what it is at home (when we left and returned)

Last edited:
Looks like there's a central IL meetup in the works with me, OldBiker and maybe Vagabond. We are considering somewhere around Bloomington, IL or maybe Brown County, IN on Sunday, September 15, 2013. I'm anxious to ride with some other FZ1's and meet the 'locals' that share the bike I love. :stunta]:

Vagabond would like to do the Lake Bloomington ride. That's cool with me and we could do several laps, counterclockwise first then counter and clockwise again. There are very tasty burgers at the Green Gables which is along the road around the lake.

The locals call it the mini version of the Tail of the Dragon.

The only drawback for you, Troy is the distance to get here.

That's not a problem. I love to ride. My wife and I go on trips and we stay on the bikes all day.

I've never done that ride, so it sounds great. I've meant to stop by the Bloomington, IL Sportland sometime this year too and I haven't made it. That's where I bought my FZ1.

Name the time and a place that's easy for me to meet you. I don't know the area very well and I'm not very good with directions :doh2: It may take me a few hours to get there, but I'm good leaving around 6am if needed.

Nice. I sent you my email address so let me know where you're coming from (which town) and I'll give you good directions. No gravel roads, I promise.

Sportland is closed on Sunday.

It looks like I could take 130 to Champaign and then 150 to Bloomington or hit 121 to 36 in Decatur and then take 51 on into Bloomington. Or there's I-57 to I-74. I'm good either way. As long as there is an easy place I can find to meet up.

Darn it. I forgot Sportland was closed on Sunday. Oh well. Not a big deal.

I'll PM you my email and phone #. I have a Q4 system in my helmet, so I can even talk and ride.

Last edited:
150 is a nice road to take. I take it to Champaign rather than 74.

We could meet up at the IHOP at 2109 E. Empire (route 9) and Gettysburg Dr. in Bloomington just west of the airport (CIRA).

Vagabond would ride due west on 9 from his place. If you go up 47 from Mahamet to Gibson City he can meet up with you and I can ride to meet you both there.

I have a Nolan B4 not compatible with Q4.

Last edited:
I have a Scala G4 so I guess I cant talk to you either lol. So i guess we are all meeting in Gibson City then ? Thats cool with me.

Meet at the McDonalds at the junction of 9, 47 and 54 in Gibson City at 9 AM.

Then we'll either go north on 47 to 116 through Colfax or 9 straight to Bloomington and onward to Lake Bloomington.

It's been decided.

Meet on Sunday September 15th at 9:00AM in the McDonalds located in Gibson City at the junction of 9/47 and 54.

The ride will take us into Central Illinois' version of the Tail of the Dragon (a mini version). If desired other points of interest can be discovered.

See you all then.:rmwl::cheers:

Back