Does this count?

Looks good to me Smoke. For me, if you have a naked bike, huge,powerful motor, and non-clip on bars, it says "Street Fighter". Ultimately, the bike is whatever you want it to be. Looks great to me. Did you notice any difference after plugging the A.I.S. ? Just curious. Billy.

Thanks jlewis02

FZ1riderNY, if you have a slip-on it will reduce the popping.

Really just posted it up messing around, trying to check out this forum while FZ1OA is fixed. We need to bring the knowledge of that board here.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. I can't believe it takes over three weeks to get a website up and running again. This forum is okay, the only thing is that here there isn't much activity. I would hope that more people would frequent this forum as well. As for me, I am still going through withdrawals without FZ10A.

As for the popping on deceleration, I already have a D&D slipon installed. It came with the bike. I am sure that the bike is running rich. It smells very rich at the exhaust tip. I know that on my honda, with the aftermarket pipes, you needed to either rejet or at least adjust the air/fuel mixture to stop the popping. I am going to try and lean it out a little after first sync-ing the carbs. I am trying to relieve the problem without adding kits or doing any drilling. I would like to keep the bike as stock as possible. I know with the jet kit, you of course lose out on some mileage. Right now I am averaging about 41 to 43mpg and would like to keep it that way. Anyway, have a great weekend and hopefully FZ10A will be back online soon.

As for now, lets hope this forum builds up some participation since its a really good site as well. Billy.

Tell me about it. I can't believe it takes over three weeks to get a website up and running again. This forum is okay, the only thing is that here there isn't much activity. I would hope that more people would frequent this forum as well. As for me, I am still going through withdrawals without FZ10A.

As for the popping on deceleration, I already have a D&D slipon installed. It came with the bike. I am sure that the bike is running rich. It smells very rich at the exhaust tip. I know that on my honda, with the aftermarket pipes, you needed to either rejet or at least adjust the air/fuel mixture to stop the popping. I am going to try and lean it out a little after first sync-ing the carbs. I am trying to relieve the problem without adding kits or doing any drilling. I would like to keep the bike as stock as possible. I know with the jet kit, you of course lose out on some mileage. Right now I am averaging about 41 to 43mpg and would like to keep it that way. Anyway, have a great weekend and hopefully FZ10A will be back online soon.

As for now, lets hope this forum builds up some participation since its a really good site as well. Billy.

U have to kill off the air injection, There's gotta be a cheap way for the gen 1 also..
running a stock air filter?

Last edited:
Yeah Leo, it still has the stock air filter. I think thats one of the problems. I believe that the stock filter is too restrictive causing a rich condition. I want to try a k&N filter to see if that remedies the problem before I start messing with other things. We'll see what happens. Billy.

Man, 3 weeks already....I've been trying to do many things to my Gen1 and fighting for the bits and pieces all the way along. But you did give me one avenue to think about with the popping and I'm going to look into the air filter.

The only K&N filters I've seen are in Ivans Pod Kit. Is there an application where you don't have to do the kit, and is there a way to increase the overall airflow with the factory filter box??

Thanks,
BroHay

No Bro, You can buy a K&N Filter for your FZ1 that is an exact replacement to the OEM Filter. Go on Ebay and use this part number: YA-1001. Thats the filter for GEN1's 01-05. I hope this helps you. They mostly go for about 70.00 dollars, although you can find them on Ebay for 60.00 dollars plus free shipping. You just have to look. Let me know if you have any problems. If so, I will find it and e-mail it to you. Billy.

after looking around, I guess I should of realized that a filter would be available w/o having to go to the extreme of a pod kit.

All that aside, is there a way to cheat and modify the existing airbox for increased airflow w/o having to do a jet kit?

Thanks,
BroHay

Man, 3 weeks already....I've been trying to do many things to my Gen1 and fighting for the bits and pieces all the way along. But you did give me one avenue to think about with the popping and I'm going to look into the air filter.

The only K&N filters I've seen are in Ivans Pod Kit. Is there an application where you don't have to do the kit, and is there a way to increase the overall airflow with the factory filter box??

Thanks,
BroHay

check with Ivan again, last time I was at his shop we were talking about general stuff,mods, on the gen 1&2, business, etc. One of the topics was about how he was able to direct more air from the stock air box, wasn't really listening 100% cause I just rode his gen 2 and coudn't get over how different it was compared to my gen2
anyway check with him, he might have a solution

after looking around, I guess I should of realized that a filter would be available w/o having to go to the extreme of a pod kit.

All that aside, is there a way to cheat and modify the existing airbox for increased airflow w/o having to do a jet kit?

Thanks,
BroHay

Then u might run lean

Not meant to hijack, but the site won't let me create a new thread and ask about this issue in its own thread, even though it says I can post. I saw someone mention about popping and slip-ons above, and it made me think, so I acted.

hijack over, I'll continue to keep looking into why it won't let me post new threads

Thanks,
BroHay

Whats up BroHay, I just got back from a 32 degree, 40 minute ride. I came up to thaw out. New York SUCKS this time of year when you like to ride. They say it might get up to 40 this afternoon...We'll see. Tomorrow will be almost 50! Wow, Heat Wave. Hows the weather there in N.M. ? Billy.

Not meant to hijack, but the site won't let me create a new thread and ask about this issue in its own thread, even though it says I can post. I saw someone mention about popping and slip-ons above, and it made me think, so I acted.

hijack over, I'll continue to keep looking into why it won't let me post new threads

Thanks,
BroHay

Just being my kidding self on that.... now to re-hijack.
slip-on + AIS = popping on decel
slip on + blocked off AIS = no popping

With AIS still active without the remainder of the emission controls,, you've eliminated the buffers (Stock can,gutted cat,etc.)

so there really is no other way to eliminate the majority of the "pop"
and from time to time I still get it, on decel from red-line, I can live with that, doesn't happen from 8k down, like it did before I disabled the AIS
on a side note, i leaned out the bike across the board (an attempt to get better mileage) it popped more leaned out, and power was not there,,so back to the original map

Hope this helps a little..

Just being my kidding self on that.... now to re-hijack.
slip-on + AIS = popping on decel
slip on + blocked off AIS = no popping

With AIS still active without the remainder of the emission controls,, you've eliminated the buffers (Stock can,gutted cat,etc.)

so there really is no other way to eliminate the majority of the \"pop\"
and from time to time I still get it, on decel from red-line, I can live with that, doesn't happen from 8k down, like it did before I disabled the AIS
on a side note, i leaned out the bike across the board (an attempt to get better mileage) it popped more leaned out, and power was not there,,so back to the original map

Hope this helps a little..

Right On! Leo, That helps alot. I am going to try the A.I.S. fix first. Instead of tapping the ends, I am going to cap them off just to see if it helps at all in my case. If so, I will then just tap and plug the outlets. No biggie. Makes sense to me pal. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll make a WAV file of before and after. Billy.

I'm pretty sure mine has already been eliminated b/c I don't have anything on my bike that is remotely close to looking like that. The loop that heats the carbs has been disabled also.

Gen I with MIVV GP exhaust and stock headers, no mods to the needles (yet????) is my present setup. I've got pretty cracked intake boots, but still solid (have replacements, but was going to wait until the weather really got "crappy")

like that is going to happen, 65 for the afternoon high with low 30's in the am and no moisture in sight, except that which comes from those still watering their lawns.

Thanks,
BroHay

I'm pretty sure mine has already been eliminated b/c I don't have anything on my bike that is remotely close to looking like that. The loop that heats the carbs has been disabled also.

Gen I with MIVV GP exhaust and stock headers, no mods to the needles (yet????) is my present setup. I've got pretty cracked intake boots, but still solid (have replacements, but was going to wait until the weather really got \"crappy\")

like that is going to happen, 65 for the afternoon high with low 30's in the am and no moisture in sight, except that which comes from those still watering their lawns.

Thanks,
BroHay

Oh Gen 1,, don't know much about the gen1, do you know where they are located? I'll try to take pics of where mine are on my bike, should give a general location..

cracked boots,, is your idle hard to control? or fluctuating?

65 and sunny you suck... I'm jealous just got back from riding.. It's freakin 35 here,, wasn't cold (1 peice suit)but my confidence levels are shot in these temps, my tires are acting like big wheel tires, don't mind the rear sliding a bit (look like a pro coming out of turns) but when the front feels like it's folding in half it kinda worries me

Back