Does anyone else find it hard not to be an ahole?

Lots of great advice here on this topic. Just want to cast my vote for this thread having "Funniest Thread Title". On a serious note, death is always around every corner when getting on a motorcycle. It is a "video game" of life, death and injuries. Once you accept that, the perspective moves in a direction of great focus. Back to the lighter side: casting my vote for "avoid becoming the meat in the sandwich" for funniest runner up post.:rofl:

I agree with that to an extent but also have to point out how people tend to group up and drive together. Next time you are on the freeway watch traffic. There will be nothing then a big group, past the group nothing again. Its like they can't drive by themselves

The old mob mentality. I always think that people drive all together in a pack, because they are afraid to get picked out by the big bad wolf (ie: the cops). I hate the interstate for not only the pack, but also how oblivious and idiotic (I've seen the term before, "obliviots") everyone is on the interstate.

We all (if you ride on the street) should always be improving our riding skills in all traffic situations, become better at anticipating what people are going to do. I love it when I feel as if I know what people are going to do - BEFORE they know what they are going to do! Being in that "zone" is cool, but then to not get caught up in the moment...because there's always some new obliviot getting ready to turn you into their skidplate on their giant ass SUV while they are taking the kids to ballet and soccer and grandmas house.

Lots of great advice here on this topic. Just want to cast my vote for this thread having "Funniest Thread Title". On a serious note, death is always around every corner when getting on a motorcycle. It is a "video game" of life, death and injuries. Once you accept that, the perspective moves in a direction of great focus. Back to the lighter side: casting my vote for "avoid becoming the meat in the sandwich" for funniest runner up post.:rofl:

Agree with this.
It's like they cannot drive alone. Sometimes you will get some guy on your bumper. He will stay there - making you think he is angry at you or got some attitude. But no. It you "dislodge" him - by "scrapping" him off your backend using a truck you pass and pull in front of - then he is stuck -- kind of bewildered - doesn't know what to do -- and goes off to find someone else to tailgate. Because that seems to be what he needs to do - tailgate. It's his calling in life, I guess --- or can't think for himself...

Had a lady in a SUV pull out in front of me (I saw her and braked). Went around her and she had BOTH HANDS on her GPS which was attatched to her windshield, making adjustments.....I looked at her for a minute and she never turned her head or knew I was there. That's when I'm thinking I need a real horn or something.....had to just keep going.

I just hit the road expecting it. That way I am not disappointed when it happens but it is a great day when it does not.

I do the same thing. The sad truth is that most drivers where i'm at are idiots (I see accidents all the time where I live, even on surface streets). It doesn't matter if I'm on my motorcycle, in truck, or even on a bicycle I still basicly expect people to do something stupid on the road, because they will. It's frustrating but I've gotten somewhat used to it.

it happens to me every day i'm on the road and even every track day. its just part of riding. the trick is, you need to be alert to your surroundings, pay better attention and you'll see this shit happen before you have to slam on your brakes. being an asshole is because you're choosing to be. if someone is doing shit on purpose to fuck with me, 9 times out of 10 i just twist the wrist and let em eat exhaust, every now and then i'll fuck with someone who thinks they have a point to prove but honestly its your frame of mind. people dont pay attention on the roads, and for that you just deal with it and move on, but you proved you're one of the inattentive people by your first post, get used to it. until you start thinking ahead it's gonna keep happening

i agree w thinking ahead and trying to anticipate the move of an idiot cager, but how is it our fault that they dont respect bikes? you know when ur riding in rush hour traffic and ur passing a car thats in the next lane over and they dont check their shoulder and try to change lanes into you as ur passing. how is that the riders fault? when someone looks dead in ur eye and tries to run u off the road, intentionally. how is that the riders fault?:popcorn: i'll wait...

when someone looks dead in ur eye and tries to run u off the road, intentionally. how is that the riders fault?:popcorn: i'll wait...

people in cars look dead in your eye and dont see you, it's not intentional, they literally look right through you because you're not a car. its how motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, get hit all the time. sometimes yes people in cars do rage and try to mess with bikes, gives you two options, stop, or take off. be an adult and leave the situation. (i dont even do that all the time though). but being aware of your surroundings on a bike, means you already know what cars are doing and going to do, and you can avoid being in said bad situation

when someone looks dead in ur eye and tries to run u off the road, intentionally. how is that the riders fault?:popcorn: i'll wait...

Because you're a very narrow object with a headlight. The brain computes headlight as car (because there are so many cars on the road) and because it's so small, it appears to be further away than it actually is. Things like riding with high beams on also trick the eye's ability to judge distance and make the motorcycle appear further away as well

The rider needs to understand that a motorcycle can be completely obscured by something as small as a sign post and can vanish completely for a brief moment in the vision of an oncoming driver. Being aware of these things and learning to 'pie the angles' allows the rider to put themselves in better lane positions and so on to try to make themselves as visible as possible

The rider is responsible for understanding all these factors so he can avoid 'not being seen'

jared p;129469if someone is doing shit on purpose to fuck with me said:
Agreed. It seems most of the time it is people not paying attention, but occasionally there are people that are intentionally being assholes (at least in my observation). My favorite is the morons in modified honda civics (or equivalent FWD pieces of shit) who try to pass and/or race me while im on my bike. I already expect stupidity from any civic owner but that level of stupidity suprises me.

As a Civic owner, I resent that. Of course, mine has no mods, 426 000km on the odometer, and gets slightly better fuel mileage than my FZ1. It also has a heater. Handy in the winter. It's also hard to get all that horsepower in the FZ1 to the ground when it's snowing like hell.
Other than that, I 100% agree. When someone is trying to play stupid highway games I feel immensely vulnerable, and usually use the exceptional performance and manuverability of my bike to GTFO!

it happens to me every day i'm on the road and even every track day. its just part of riding. the trick is, you need to be alert to your surroundings, pay better attention and you'll see this shit happen before you have to slam on your brakes. being an asshole is because you're choosing to be. if someone is doing shit on purpose to fuck with me, 9 times out of 10 i just twist the wrist and let em eat exhaust, every now and then i'll fuck with someone who thinks they have a point to prove but honestly its your frame of mind. people dont pay attention on the roads, and for that you just deal with it and move on, but you proved you're one of the inattentive people by your first post, get used to it. until you start thinking ahead it's gonna keep happening

Umm guess you didn't read the title. It clearly states that its hard not to be. Not saying its someone else's fault (entirely). I was just wondering if it was just me or if others feel like this also.

As a Civic owner, I resent that. Of course, mine has no mods, 426 000km on the odometer, and gets slightly better fuel mileage than my FZ1. It also has a heater. Handy in the winter. It's also hard to get all that horsepower in the FZ1 to the ground when it's snowing like hell.
Other than that, I 100% agree. When someone is trying to play stupid highway games I feel immensely vulnerable, and usually use the exceptional performance and manuverability of my bike to GTFO!

Oh, the irony. What a sad thing to say

around here, especially the civics and integras, its a true statement. its almost impossible to find a stock version of either of those cars around here that's not being driven by a rehtard

Oh, around here, too. I think it pisses them off when they see my winter beater Civic. They think they're driving 200mph exotics so it gets under their skin when they see the same car with 14" snow tires and rust around the fenders. I've had one or two try to race me on the street. I abstain from street racing, so I'm sure they brag to their buddies about blowing off a "crotch rocket" last night. Whatever. I can kill you in the 1/4 or on a road course without ever leaving 3rd gear. I have nothing to prove.

A car doesn't define the owner, it's the other way around.

Those obnoxious clowns would ruin any car regardless of make and model. For every Civic with a stupid fart can, there's a big jacked up Dodge with open pipes and a chromed out BMW next to it.

I think it's unfair to pick on the wee Civics, they're bloody good economy cars. Poor little Hondas... ;)

A car doesn't define the owner, it's the other way around.

Those obnoxious clowns would ruin any car regardless of make and model. For every Civic with a stupid fart can, there's a big jacked up Dodge with open pipes and a chromed out BMW next to it.

I think it's unfair to pick on the wee Civics, they're bloody good economy cars. Poor little Hondas... ;)

Hey easy on the dodges there's more jacked up fords here than dodges, diesel is the new rice

around here, especially the civics and integras, its a true statement. its almost impossible to find a stock version of either of those cars around here that's not being driven by a rehtard
You mean like this?
PerformancePlus.jpg

I think it is just the dumbing down of people. They change lanes and the slam on the brakes in front of me all the time and thats when I'm driving 42.5 metric tons of semi!

Back