Dinnah in Maine, ayuh!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Big party after the VMware conference up in Maine. They hand out all the grub you can eat and all the beer you can drink. I behaved and drank only three beers then waited a couple hours before driving home. Here's a plate of chow! (I'm not going to divulge how many times I went through the line but I can say my stomach hurts! :eek:

attachment.php

Next plate was a lobster and a boat load of steamers. It was sooooo good!

VMware puts this on with the New England VMware Users Group each year and it just keeps getting bigger. The event takes over the entire Brunswick High School and fills all the rooms, two auditoriums and the gym. Almost 1400 people this year. Whew!

Man I could eat me some lobster. I think I know what I am going to have for dinner Friday night!

Looks good man! What is the new thing they are selling? VDI?

LOL Brad!!! Almost all of it was VDI and the "Cloud" which is just far too problematic... think security and license models.

We're trying out VDI finally with all x64 bit development on VDI machines. The developers are not happy with is but they will learn to deal with it. ;)

They sure know how to put on a show. 1400 lbs of lobsters, 1600 lbs of steamers, 1200 lbs of steak, 900 lbs of baby back ribs, 1000 lbs of chicken and then all the other stuff to go with it. All Gritty's pub draft beer and top shelf alcohols for the open bar. Shame I had to leave and come home!

I feel cheated. When I went to the VMWare users group in NYC a couple of years ago the grub was definitely not that good...oh and there was only soda :(

I goto Industry Pet Shows every year and the food is garbage. At least they're always in big city's so we can leave for nom noms

The New England User Group is the largest and best in the country. We have members from all over the world that use our group and then fly in for this event. They had the open bar running until midnight! Can you imagine the tab this cost? Most of that tab is paid by the vendors that are there anyway. VMware is a great company to work for but then again, so is the company I work for! ;)

Tony, sign up for our user group so you'll get the invite next year then come up and stay overnight here. I'll take you up to the event and then you can crash back here and go home on Friday. :D

Tony, sign up for our user group so you'll get the invite next year then come up and stay overnight here. I'll take you up to the event and then you can crash back here and go home on Friday. :D

Now there's an idea! However, I'm not sure I can convince my boss that I need to go up to Maine for a VMware users group, but I could just take a vacation day :D

Back