Decat front pipe

Hi does taking cat out of front pipe really mate a difference to the bike if so is it for the better! Thanks

Yes it allows the exhaust to resonate, you will immediately notice more power all through the rev- range. Do you have an aftermaket pipe?, if not get one. Also a 16t in the front will lower the tall gearing, the bike will rev faster giving better acceleration and overall performance.

(decat is my favorite word of the day)

What's the scoop on the best way to get it done? Is there a cat-eliminator available? Or just jam a big honkin drill up in there like I did with my FZ6 exhaust can?

I'm throwing on my 2bros pipe this weekend hopefully, maybe I'll decat at the same time :sinister:

What's the scoop on the best way to get it done? Is there a cat-eliminator available? Or just jam a big honkin drill up in there like I did with my FZ6 exhaust can?

I'm throwing on my 2bros pipe this weekend hopefully, maybe I'll decat at the same time :sinister:

You can drill it out but be careful not to hit the O2 sensor (or remove the sensor and then drill). I'd seen a video of it out there.... Here you go! Copperdog... CAT starts about 6 minutes into the video.

YouTube - buelle109's Channel

Does it increase your sound by gutting the cat? It is something I will be doing here soon. Thanks!

I would imagine so, you are removing a really huge restriction by gutting the cat. It certainly does on cars so I would think it will on bikes as well, maybe to a greater extent

Does it increase your sound by gutting the cat? It is something I will be doing here soon. Thanks!

It doesn't make it louder but a deeper rumble= very nice. Best way to get the thing out? mine fell out? put it down to the fact i had done a trackday the day before and gave the FZ1 a good workout= weird but true. Probably a 12" long spade bit or wood turning chissle would be my guess. I won't take much to remove but wear a mask and after you have removed it take the bike outside before starting as all the bits will come firing out= always health & safety 1st.

to bad you can't just remove it and put it back if needed. We don't have regular checks for bikes here, *yet* you never know.. but a new cat, and since its stuck, new headers are pricy.

i just finished gutting the cat, and i rode around the block but couldnt tell much difference but i need to get it out on the road to use the butt dyno. lol. it does have a lil better sound tho.

i just finished gutting the cat, and i rode around the block but couldnt tell much difference but i need to get it out on the road to use the butt dyno. lol. it does have a lil better sound tho.

Don't think you'll notice much of a difference unless you really wind it out ;)

ooh ok lost in translation lol my wife is from new jersey should off asked her hahaha,well it does not concern me njfz1 as I ripped it off and put a scorpion on and took the cat out further down the pipe.What confused me was that people seem to suggest there was a cat in the downpipes from the engine (which I call the downpipes) So if there is only the two one in the muffler (exhaust) and one near the oxygen sensor,then I am all done.

Back