Debating on new exhaust..

Last I knew, it was 6 to 8 weeks after you ordered and paid Patrick before he could send you the goods. I waited nearly the full two months. But, understand that he is a one-man operation and, because these are all hand-crafted, it is worth the wait! It's something you really need a lot of patience with... just order it, pay the man and wait.... and remember, the more you bug him, the less time he'll have to work on them. ;)

You've become quite the modder Papa! This will likely be the quickest change-up of any modded FZ1 that did not involve an off! :D

I guess I am in the minority by saying I absolutely do not like the high-mount pipe and think the GYTR system looks much better. IMO as far as looks go there is just too much pipe and not enough muffler. Also you are putting the weight higher on the bike and bringing the hot pipe and muffler closer to you and the passenger. That's just my 2 cents since you asked for opinions, have fun modding! :D

I'm also not a big fan of the high mount. I'd like the lowest mount possible, hence the Graves full exhaust system. SS, CF and permanent packing in the canister! Of course, it costs a ton! But, it has no need for an exhaust bracket any longer which totally frees/cleans up the tail.

I don't know what it is about the pipe that I love so much, but you know when you just like something and you want it? Thats how this pipe is for me lol

I feel when its got all the goodies listed it will look just killer. But thats whats good about so many choices, you can have what you really like. :)

I almost got the high mount when I got the 2010 in the first place but I let me friend talk me out of it and now I am just doing what I want and I remember the sound of my Gen1 with this exhaust and it to me, was just SICK. :p

I don't mind waiting 2 months to get it as I will be ordering the windshield by middle of January. Once the GYTR Sells I will use that money to order the CD windscreen. That way I have it for when it gets warm!

FZ-1 Belly pan

The picture you posted of the all black FZ-1 with the Yamaha belly pan...you said you were starting to hate yours. What are some of the reasons for that? Where did you get the one that is in the picture that says "Yamaha" on it?

The picture you posted of the all black FZ-1 with the Yamaha belly pan...you said you were starting to hate yours. What are some of the reasons for that? Where did you get the one that is in the picture that says "Yamaha" on it?

Because it was a cheap piece of shit made by power bronze. Mounted up to the bike like ass, was not even at all side to side, was bulky and looked terrible.

Get an OEM belly pan or don't get one at all. I sold that thing off for like 30 bucks more than I paid about a month after getting it. I left the bike for a while with no belly pan as it looks better with nothing than with that. Then my girl got me the OEM pan for my birthday.

When you look at it from the rear the high can looks awesome, but when you see it from the side it kinda sticks out. I like the lower mount because I need the center of gravity lower on my bike otherwise I might not have been able to stand it up from a lean. A high can might look totally ridiculous on MY bike because we had to lower it so much just to fit me. I love the CF can I have. The only thing that would have made me like it more was if it was the same color purple as my bike. :)

Papa, I think you should go with what makes YOU happy. If you don't like the belly pan, leave it off......go with the high exhaust if it's what you like. Besides, opinions are like butts.....everybody's got one. See above. LOL!

When you look at it from the rear the high can looks awesome, but when you see it from the side it kinda sticks out. I like the lower mount because I need the center of gravity lower on my bike otherwise I might not have been able to stand it up from a lean. A high can might look totally ridiculous on MY bike because we had to lower it so much just to fit me. I love the CF can I have. The only thing that would have made me like it more was if it was the same color purple as my bike. :)

Papa, I think you should go with what makes YOU happy. If you don't like the belly pan, leave it off......go with the high exhaust if it's what you like. Besides, opinions are like butts.....everybody's got one. See above. LOL!

LOL I appreciate your opinion and its true. The thing is, this thread is about 2 years old now. I ended up getting rid of that belly pan, and my girl bought me the OEM one. I also ended up getting the high mount pipe, not liking it and swapping over to a low mount. I even got the CD Speed Screen and I just sold that off too lmao.

Back