Debating on new exhaust..

Ok so i'm not sure what im going to do here but they are closing out on them so I have to make a decision fast..

I LOVE the look of this bike..

DSCN2243.jpg

I was thinking about changing up the bike a bit over the winter.. And I mean like a lot...

Here is how it sits now...

DSCF6651.jpg

So what if i was to...

Go with the Dale Walker high mount pipe, and get the connecting pipe done in black. I had the high mount on my Gen1, and it sounded freaking amazing...

CD Wind screen, and CD strike rear cowl seat, and remove the rear pegs.

Watsens are on order so just waiting on those to ship.

Paint the heel guards of my rear sets in black.

And either go for the OEM belly pan, or just run none as I'm starting to really hate mine.

How would that look? Or do you like my GYTR more?

Last edited:
The DW high-mount would look killer on your bike, especially if you're going for the "solo" look. If you're going to do the connecting pipe in black then you might as well do the headers as well. Black ceramic coating will hold up well and you can probably get both pieces done for around $200 or so. At one point I was running the stock header ceramic coated in black and it looked really good.

As for the rest of the parts it all sounds good. Factory lower cowl fits better than any of the aftermarket stuff from what I have seen. As for the inserts on the heel guards just get some CF ones. They are cheap enough and add a little bling, especially if you have other CF bits on the bike.

Last edited:
Yeah you can actually, it comes with spacers for the passenger pegs to work.

Also, I wont be too worried about that anymroe as once the season starts up again I will have a bike for my girlfriend... :)

It's a great looking pipe and it would look awesome if it was painted black instead of chrome. I'd keep the belly pan, it looks fantastic!

I ordered the High Pipe today. Over the summer I will get his header, and send the header and the mid pipe going to the can out to be ceramic coated in black.

Whittle, I think you didn't install the spacers properly? Those are to go in between the rear foot pegs and the mount for the pipe.. The way you have it spaces out the can from the tail even more...? Or did you do that to fit the blinkers you have there?

Either way, Me likes!

Last edited:
No offence Blavenia, I don't really want you on the back of my bike...

LMAO

Totally see your point though bro, by the time spring comes again I will have a bike for my girl to be riding, so I am not worried about having a passenger on this bad larry. :)

I have heard that the Holeshot headers fit all aftermarket slip-on mufflers. I haven't heard too much about them, are they any good?

That is correct, all slip-ons meant to fit the stock header will fit this one as well. Those headers are a work of art, but being a hand made, low volume product the price is kind of high. I think that discourages many people from buying them...

I'm going to see if I can get the header cheaper if he doesn't ceramic coat it. I only need it bare metal so that I could send that out with the other pipe and get them coated in black.

I'm going to see if I can get the header cheaper if he doesn't ceramic coat it. I only need it bare metal so that I could send that out with the other pipe and get them coated in black.

His headers are ss so I don't think they are ceramic coated. At least I didn't see that as an option on his website...

If you are going to have the pipe (header and Canister) ceramic coated for sure, then talk to the guys at Holeshot about not polishing the stainless. It would be a waste of time since the ceramic needs a rough wax free surface for the material to bond to before coating. You might get a break on the price for them not having to polish the header and pipe (just leaving the raw stainless). Just explain what you want to do, maybe they can even do that for you. I had a mild steel, stock header on my FZ 600 done. It was an all in one header, and canister and it cost me about $90.00. More than 10 years later it looks exactly the same as the day it was done, it's good stuff!

Nice selections and yes, I'd go with the OEM lower cowl. Much nicer!

If you want the CD items, order them soon because it takes him quite a while to turn over orders, even longer in the winter because the weather there hinders his painting time.

How long is a long time FZ1NH?

And I don't think I am going to go with any belly pan, I think it will look really sweet with the header and the pipe going to the can being ceramic coated black.

Unfortunately, that header is expensive so I am thinking that will be a good project for next winter as I don't want the bike being down for a while when the mid pipe is missing form my exhaust lol.

just chop your gytr can right at the end of the gytr sign and it looks and sounds SOOOOOOO much better. that's what i did and i don't regret it whatsoever. no loss in horsepower, gained a much better sound and the looks are killer

Back