Custom Motorcycle Dolly

In order to fit both motorcycles and two cars in my garage I needed a way to fit my FZ1 in without making a 89 point turn. So enter "The Motorcycle Dolly!" I actually thought up the idea and after a bit of Googling found that someone was already making one for a cool $199.00. Ouch. So being the enterprising young man that I am I decided to have one made. Four casters from Harbor Freight and a trip to my local welding shop I give you "The Motorcycle Dolly!"

View attachment 5155

View attachment 5156

View attachment 5157

View attachment 5158

Thanks! It's makes it much easier to move the bike sideways so it can slide into it's spot. The only problem is the FZ is so nose heavy once it's on the center stand it can be a little tricky as you need to really push on the back of the bike to get the front end up. Once I fiddled with it a little more I started to get the hang of it.

You need a givi on the back. I don't have the fancy garage floor, but I roll in, put it up on the center stand. Then I just give a light tug down on the handle of my Givi and spin the bike around. All ready to ride out the next day. Not as spiffy as your setup, but it works well for spinning it around. And I can take a 24 pack of Mountain Dew to work too!

You need a givi on the back. I don't have the fancy garage floor, but I roll in, put it up on the center stand. Then I just give a light tug down on the handle of my Givi and spin the bike around. All ready to ride out the next day. Not as spiffy as your setup, but it works well for spinning it around. And I can take a 24 pack of Mountain Dew to work too!

It's the sliding sideways into it's spot that's the issue. I can spin in on the sidestand but it takes awhile to get it about an inch from the wall. With the dolly I just push the bike sideways.

It's the sliding sideways into it's spot that's the issue. I can spin in on the sidestand but it takes awhile to get it about an inch from the wall. With the dolly I just push the bike sideways.
Oh I got ya, I was just pointing out that with a givi, you could have a handle to shove the bike about any way you want I'd think.

So...when does your big production run begin? :D

Nice job! I bet it is a bitch to get the bike on the centerstand over that dolly. Or do you wedge you feet in front of the wheels to prevent it from moving?

It requires a little more effort to lift it on the center stand, not much. All I did was hold the bike upright, position the dolly with my foot, then push down on the center stand and lift the bike. I had to practice a few times, and my son helped me align it the first few times until I got the hang of it.

Dude I'm seriously waiting for the first one coming out of the manufacturing line! When are they going to be available?!?!?! :D

In order to fit both motorcycles and two cars in my garage I needed a way to fit my FZ1 in without making a 89 point turn. So enter "The Motorcycle Dolly!" I actually thought up the idea and after a bit of Googling found that someone was already making one for a cool $199.00. Ouch. So being the enterprising young man that I am I decided to have one made. Four casters from Harbor Freight and a trip to my local welding shop I give you "The Motorcycle Dolly!"

View attachment 5155

View attachment 5156

View attachment 5157

View attachment 5158

Hahaha, nope I'm not going to make them, but thank you.

As I've used it more it's gotten very easy to use, second nature, and it is very handy.

That is very cool. I currently have a manuever that I use where I back the bike in close to where I par it, and then pick up the back of the bike using the grabrails, and move the back end into position. From there, I have about a foot of back and forth room to manuever the front end up close to the wall. Of course, I have to take my Givi off in order to snug her up tight against the wall. This dolly might make it a little easier. I'll have to take your specs to my local welding shop. Thanks for sharing!

Back