Creak Click Creak swingarm

no, not my aging bones

I'm hearing an odd popping creaking from the rear wheel swingarm. Is there a bearing or rod that needs grease or oil in there?

LOL, dammit, just 'googled' it and answered my own question...:banghead::banghead:

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!

Norm

I havent done anything yet, kinda scared to pull the swing-arm rod for fear that it will drop out of place and I'll have to muscle it back.. just not motivated to do a full rear end tear down, still 100f+ in the garage

I havent done anything yet, kinda scared to pull the swing-arm rod for fear that it will drop out of place and I'll have to muscle it back.. just not motivated to do a full rear end tear down, still 100f+ in the garage
Norm, can you post the link that described the possible solution to your problem?
Sorry I missed this post! What did you find?

no, not my aging bones

I'm hearing an odd popping creaking from the rear wheel swingarm. Is there a bearing or rod that needs grease or oil in there?

LOL, dammit, just 'googled' it and answered my own question...:banghead::banghead:

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!

Norm

sent from my Moto-X on Tapatalk

crawled under her this morning, saw the rear shock bracket and spritzed the pivot bushings with some WD40. that seems to have done the trick. I'll take her out later today and listen for any more creaks, pop, etc

20150920_123554 (Medium).jpg

crawled under her this morning, saw the rear shock bracket and spritzed the pivot bushings with some WD40. that seems to have done the trick. I'll take her out later today and listen for any more creaks, pop, etc

View attachment 22646
Don't forget WD-40 is not a long term solution. It's good to get things moving again, but as a lubricant, it pretty much sucks.

sent from my Moto-X on Tapatalk

wd40 has kept my chains going for many years....anyway

clean that sumbitch up! pull it apart n get that dust out, throw a little white lithium grease in there when reassembling but toss a dab or blue loctite on the nuts

Back