crankcase trouble maybe !

magpiemale

I have a end can ais modded bike 2007 with 25000 miles I have been having problems with letting clutch out at a standing still and the bike stalls where as before it would pull away,My engine sound does not seem to sound right on warm up but gets worse when warm,I can hear from the crankcase cover a noise like loose bolts in the engine it sounds like a tractor sound kinda real rough like.I do hope not an expensive repair......

Possibly something wrong with the clutch. I would have it looked at sooner rather than later. If something is broken you don't want any metal particles to start circulating throughout the engine...

isnt the clutch on the opposite side ? I was reading about valve clearence maybe its that ..its off to the garage anyways on saturday.

Yes, the clutch itself is on the other side, but it could still be the issue since you're having trouble with it. The first valve check is not scheduled until 26k miles so unless you have been particularly neglectful of the bike (not changing the oil regularly and/or over revving it) I doubt it's the valves. Keep us posted as to the issue...

I.may have misled you the clutch seems ok just the engine or something with no power or compression to roll the bike forward without the throttle coming into play without stalling it.along with the rumbling clunking noise coming from engine/crankcase area similar to a london black cab engine (diesel)
I started the engine up twice and took it to the bike garage 7 miles down the road but when I went to start the engine the bike would not start because of the battery being flat,it is a new battery yuasa so maybe it is the alternator or something in that area but I have no dash code or lights on saying there is a problem.

Last edited:
for all those with a fz1 fazer I hope you have deep pockets my strange discharging of the battery and noise from my bike was the rotor assembley and rotor and stator going up in smoke to the tune of £1500

for all those with a fz1 fazer I hope you have deep pockets my strange discharging of the battery and noise from my bike was the rotor assembley and rotor and stator going up in smoke to the tune of £1500

:wow: Sorry to to hear that. Can't believe it's that much to replace those parts...

Sorry to say but this is not the first time I've heard of this problem. If memory serves correctly the magnets come loose and create all the carnage.

Edit : A quick search and it seems not all that uncommon on the R1 forums. Something to look forward to I guess :(

Last edited:
thanks for the help..my bike is 2007 it seems the plastic carraige may have caused the problem causing the stator with magnets to go hay wire and start churning up the rest of the parts.Yes a hefty price just the stator assembly and rotor is big money then the coils thats before labour charges,after this incident I will learn how to fix the bike myself.looking at the above picture and seeing it in person it doesnt seem a hard job.The hardest job seems getting the exhaust nuts off as they are corroded on so they are trying to save the studs by splitting the nuts as if the studs break thats money time labour and $$ its like a t.v show I used to watch "think of a number" final bill who knows !!!!!

my bike has done 24750 miles and serviced each year.

if it happens to you be prepared for $3000 bill unless you have knowledge and time to fix it yourself.Unless you wanna write it off each time it happens and you have loads of money.its either $3000 max to fix or $10,000 for another bike which would you choose.

yamaha offered only £150 to act as goodwill.cheap ass gits

Last edited:
A brand new stator and rotor costs $500 USD + shipping from the US mate, don't get shafted, buy the parts yourself from any number of US parts dealers.

I used the following parts fiche search:

Genuine Yamaha Parts - PartShark.com

Or this:

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pa...0W_(2007_MOTORCYCLE)/GENERATOR_(FZS10W_-_2007)

Generatorcost.png

Last edited:
thanks for the help..my bike is 2007 it seems the plastic carraige may have caused the problem causing the stator with magnets to go hay wire and start churning up the rest of the parts.Yes a hefty price just the stator assembly and rotor is big money then the coils thats before labour charges,after this incident I will learn how to fix the bike myself.looking at the above picture and seeing it in person it doesnt seem a hard job.The hardest job seems getting the exhaust nuts off as they are corroded on so they are trying to save the studs by splitting the nuts as if the studs break thats money time labour and $$ its like a t.v show I used to watch "think of a number" final bill who knows !!!!!

my bike has done 24750 miles and serviced each year.

Why do the exhaust nuts have to come off?
I just looked through my workshop manual and the replacement of the rotor/stator looks like a pretty straightforward job.

There was no mention of exhaust removal as it all comes apart from the side of the engine?

Because ballmead the rest of the plastic cage maybe in the sump so to get to it the exhaust has to come off .thanks for the manual instructions.

Back