Cracked frame

# two was your bike still in warranty /? all there gping to do for me is a frame no labor covered

:welcome: Mike! :D

# two, please help Mike out! His 2007 frame is cracked and Yamaha isn't going good for the labor, only the frame. Perhaps the two of you can share personal info in a PM so he can reference your specific incident, customer, dealer, etc... and force Yamaha to do the same for him?

Thanks!!

i dont think there was a recall but it seems everyone but me got it taken care of in full i have no warranty so i am grateful for the free frame just seems if there going that far they should cover the labor as well i make my payments on time but that does'nt mean i have 2 grand sitting around to pay them to swap it for me

Two people I know, including this guy, # two, were not under warranty and got theirs done 100% free (except fluids) so you should expect the same result. Yes, you can take the frame and replace it yourself but since Yamaha has already taken care of this for others, it is your right to be treated the same. Don't give up the fight! :D

it sucks i just wanna ride not argue with a abig company who has all the time and money in the world to go back and forth with me i just seem like i got no chance but ill fight a lil more

# two was your bike still in warranty /? all there gping to do for me is a frame no labor covered

NO,my bike was not under any type of warranty at all, I bought it used two years ago from a different dealership than the one that helped me and the bike has over 9500 miles on it, plus I brought it in lowered front and rear, the fairing is off of it, broom stick handle bars and one of my bar end mirrors is broken off. Except that it isn't all beat up it looks like it,s been crashed or a stunter. Both dealers were equally helpful over the phone I just went to the one closer to my house. Yamaha paid $1155.70 for labor on mine without issue. I don't know what else to tell ya but i'll try to answer any questions that you have. Hope they fix you up.

it sucks i just wanna ride not argue with a abig company who has all the time and money in the world to go back and forth with me i just seem like i got no chance but ill fight a lil more

How many miles on your bike? Who told you yamaha wouldn't cover labor?, someone on the phone or someone at the dealership?

both, i called the dealer first he said take pics and email them so i did and he sent my pix to yamaha two days later he called me back and said he needed to see the bike in person so i brought it down to him he looked it over and went in to call yamaha while i sat and waited, when he came out he told me yamaha would cover the frame but no labor so i went home to call yamaha myself and was told the same thing she said that being 12 months out of warranty she didnt even have to cover the frame but they would with no labor just doesnt seem right if they are going to give me a frame why no labor my bike is bone stock and in good condition never crashed i still owe on the damn thing

Man that is some B.S. you should go through this thread, there is a link to a thread on fz1oa, I think it's like 16 pages long of people with broke frames. I'd email yamaha the whole thing. Did you bring up the fact that you know of others whose bikes were fixed at no cost? Also, I don't know if you are or aren't but ask the yamaha rep if they think an un certified person should try a frame swap. Is there an other dealer in your area?

i did tell yamaha about all i read on the subject in the forums she chuckled and said u cant go by what u read on the internet i didnt think this was a funny situation personally after they said that i did call the only two shops that i read had gone through this from the forum c & c motorsports or cycles what ever it was in michigan was very helpful so now at least i can tell them i talked to these people more than just read about it see what they say then the guy matt in the service department in michigan where i called said they didnt want to cover his right away either but after talking with rod at the yamaha techline got them to cover everything after a few tests on the motorcycle to make sure it was'nt crashed or abused .
when i was at my dealer the first time all he could say or point out on my bike was the off center motor mount bolt which was'nt loose just off center but when i looked at the brand new one on there showroom floor it was off center aswell

Just wondering about final outcome for mikee8382. I seen they said they'd cover it, but how long did it take?, any problems? and did you get any explanation for the runaround?

Just wondering about final outcome for mikee8382. I seen they said they'd cover it, but how long did it take?, any problems? and did you get any explanation for the runaround?

well once the frame came in it only took a day and a half and i had the bike back. as far as why the run around not sure but im glad i talked to someone finally that cared with yamaha joe dagley have his info on other forum . as for problem's all ive noticed so far in the last few hundred miles is a louder than usual fairing buzz noise from tail section also a groan from what i believe may be bad chain tension feel a lil vibration but not bad .. not too bad considering i didnt have to pay so no serious complaints other than the month i spent trying to get them to cover it

My frame cracked as well .. The extended warranty ran expired in march, and there's notheing about cracked frames on the swedish forums, so I might be alone here. If Yamaha steps up and replaces the frame free of charge, I'll definately buy another yam, if not .. do the math
Wish me luck

My frame cracked as well .. The extended warranty ran expired in march, and there's notheing about cracked frames on the swedish forums, so I might be alone here. If Yamaha steps up and replaces the frame free of charge, I'll definately buy another yam, if not .. do the math
Wish me luck

Curious. -- What year? -- 2007??

hi im from southampton in the uk my black fz1 2007 early one, has cracked the right side of the frame 12k on clock ,got it at 9k .
ive asked my local southampton one for help awaiting out come but mine is a usa import and he said yam uk might not help me were did other people in uk take theres to be fix is the out come diffrent from each dealer.? help .he said 2-3k to fix other wise.gutted

hi im from southampton in the uk my black fz1 2007 early one, has cracked the right side of the frame 12k on clock ,got it at 9k .
ive asked my local southampton one for help awaiting out come but mine is a usa import and he said yam uk might not help me were did other people in uk take theres to be fix is the out come diffrent from each dealer.? help .he said 2-3k to fix other wise.gutted

A cracked frame is a safety issue ..... bring that fact up to Yamaha UK. I know your liability laws are different than the US, but I don't think Yamaha wants the negativity of someone getting hurt or killed because of a defective product which they knew about but refused to fix.

Back