Corcoran 995 Jump Boots..

Prongomatic

This may be taboo in a Sport Bike Forum but I wanted to share. I'm 6'5 and wear a size 15 boot. I looked forever for a decent riding boot that was in my size and within my budget.
Yeah right.
Being familiar with combat boots I figured I'll try a set for riding. So far I've put about 2k miles on them and they seem to hold up well, they are not too hot, they are very supportive, non skid and oil resistant sole and the zipper on the side helps to take them off after a long hot ride.
So if your on a limited buget and don't mind a different style of boot check it out.

I used to use Viet Nam era GI boots in the 70s, lace up with no zippers. I have very arrow, flat feet in size 11. Can't find many riding boots that fit regardless of price. I do have a pair oc Icon Super Duty 4 that fit with a little support work.

Those look really nice, only thing I would be concerned about is the side zipper scratching your heelguard. I know, that's what the heelguard is for, but still... :eek:
I know a few EMS guys that ride to work with their boots and their side-zip boots usually wreak havoc on the heelguards.

I use Haix boots for work, so whenever I am taking the bike to and from work, that's what treatment it gets. The boots have metal lace hooks that pretty much destroyed the paint on my heelguards in the first week. I've since re-painted them and put clear 3M silicone wrap over the guards to prevent the same happening again.

p3.jpg

Besides the heelguard thing, they are excellent for riding. Super light, super comfortable. I actually prefer them over my boots that were actually made for riding... imagine that!
Although they cost $350. But my employer 'foots' the bill on that so I can't complain!
Size 13 boot here.

I've been using jump boots for 10+ years . Easy on , protection , and you can walk with comfort when you need to . I've been using Thorogood's 8 inch side zip for the last 3-4 years .

We used to wear those boots when we got in fancy clothes at Ft Bragg, not much else. I'd think it'd be hard to shift when leaned over with those toes. And the ankle support in a fall might be suspect (the heel)...funny they are called jump boots but we never wore them jumping............But, still pretty good for you riding given the options at that size.

The best motorcycle boots (Sidi), apparently only go to 14.
SIDI Boots Size Chart - RevZilla

And same for A*
Alpinestars S-MX 5 Vented Boot Size Chart - RevZilla

I know Rev'it makes good gear, but haven't seen their boots. Their chart lists fit to 15.
REV'IT! Size Chart - RevZilla

Ultimately, you might have to try on to double-check that the Euro sizes will or won't fit. Once they go to the larger sizes, I don't think there is strict matches to the sizing. (for example - my dad had size 14, 13, 13.5 shoes that seemed to fit him about the same)

Last edited:
Back