Copperdog arrives!

The bike looks amazing except for that TS seat. It is ruining the smooth lines for me.

You are right, it does upset the lines especially if I showed a whole bike profile. But, I cannot sacrifice comfort over form. I'm scratching my head to figure out what to do to fix it and still stay comfortable.

Thanks!!!

BTW, I just weighed the two rear blinker pods together.... 123 grams. That is just 3 grams more than my wrist watch! :tup: My parrot weighs 352 grams....

Did you cut the seat cowl to fit it with seat? Looks like original design is meant to replace the seat sealing the rear area.

No cuts. The Copperdog Strike just snaps in place like the old rear seat. It's just that now, the TS front seat has the small "backrest" on it and doesn't follow the flow and leaves an odd pocket in front of the cowl. Still unsure if I dislike it enough to make a change or not though.

I'll try and get a profile pic tomorrow to show the oddity this creates.

Did I mention how much I hate you! I so wanted an oak table! JK. I think what you are doing is great. I have never seen a FZI with the Copperdawg kit here in SoCal. I have three projects I am working on for both on and off road. So many bikes so little money. Someday I will get back to the FZI, I have an off road bike I need to get done before the season starts on Holloween. Eric, did I mention how much I hate you! :jk:

Did I mention how much I hate you! I so wanted an oak table! JK. I think what you are doing is great. I have never seen a FZI with the Copperdawg kit here in SoCal. I have three projects I am working on for both on and off road. So many bikes so little money. Someday I will get back to the FZI, I have an off road bike I need to get done before the season starts on Holloween. Eric, did I mention how much I hate you! :jk:

lolup Just think of this as inspirational motivation! :laugh2:

He puts out some amazing stuff! I'm still grinning ear to ear.... Can't wait to get the blinker pods all installed. This type of stuff only comes with the bonus if the company puts them out though.... How I wish I could get all the goodies I still want in one shot!

Get those projects done and order up! :D

Do you know how much shorter the short screen is? I was planning on getting the short but now that i see yours i'm thinking that the medium will be right for me.

Adam, this is what Pat says about the screen size on his Copperdog web site:

LENGTH - The Speed Screen Comes in three lengths - Short, Medium and Long. Due to the swept back nature of the Speed Screen, even though the "Long" screen is some 21 inches from top to bottom, its actual height when viewed from the side is exactly the same as the stock screen, its just four inches further back. The medium and short screens are 1" and 1.5" inches short in the side view respectively.

Hope that helps to clear things up for you...

Thanks Tony.

I thought the short was too short, almost not there at all. I really like the height of the medium and the profile of the scallop best but that is me... This might help out too with sizing:

ScreenShot.jpg

Thanks Tony.

I thought the short was too short, almost not there at all. I really like the height of the medium and the profile of the scallop best but that is me... This might help out too with sizing:

ScreenShot.jpg

Thanks guys i think when i get mine it will be the medium. But who knows untill I hit the order button LOL. I know it will be sweet ether way!!! Now if i could just get this outage over with and back on day shift i might accualy have time to do something on the bike.

I think I'm in love w/ that screen. I'm interested to find out how much buffeting or lack there of is once you get out on it.

I like my ZG touring screen, but want something to make it mean looking. I will say those mirrors have to go.:sinister: If you're going fast enough you don't need to see behind you anyway, although you'll be reluctant to do that since you ordered your screen w/ the cutout for them.

Getting rid of the mirrors is not really a good option on a street bike. And bar mirrors just don't look right on this bike (well at least to me). I know that people that have taken them off swear that most of the buffeting is gone, but the FZ1 mirrors are actually useful as compared to the mirrors on some of these other sport bikes.

Yeah, there is no way the mirrors are going. They are still a bit too close and I see elbows but after sitting on one with bar-end mirrors, I discovered those are even LESS useful than the stock stalks. Antennae have to stay! :D

I had concerns like you as well, but I just hate the antennae look to the stockers. My bar end ones will be in next week. I hardly use my mirrors as it is, I turn and look if I'm not sure whats in my blindspots anyway. Otherwise roll on the throttle and lane shift. :Rockon:

I always head-check as well.... I've got my wife into this great habit as well.

If I find something more suitable down the road.... perhaps I will swap out, sell the screen and order one without the knockouts down the road.

I do have one update... after mounting the screen, I'd forgotten to do the check that is outlined in the directions.... a lock to lock check for clearance. The clutch side barely clears... the throttle side lands the brake reservoir right into the screen. I'm going to have to play with adjusting the bars to roll them down a bit until everything clears. I'll do this tomorrow morning since I am working from home. I'll just park the laptop in the garage with the wifi on and get work started from there. (A lot of my job is "Click and wait...")

More tomorrow on what this takes to resolve.

UPDATE: I went out at lunchtime and adjusted the controls. It was the front brake and clutch that was hitting along with the flare on the grips...

First I loosened the clutch and front brake brackets and rotated them down. Then I loosened the bar clamp and rotated that until lock to lock was clear (not much rotation at all.) Then, after torquing in the bars, I went to lock on the clutch side, rotated the clamp up until I had minimal clearance and tightened. Lock on the brake side and did the same thing. All items clear the screen now with about 3/8" of space all around. It didn't change the position of my controls too much to where I am not comfortable.

End result is :rockon: Yeah Baby!!! :D

So, the rest of the lunch hour was washing and cleaning. She was DIRTY! I have to sneak out and spray on some wax this afternoon and get her all shiny. ;)

Back