Conflicting Addictions

OldDuffer

Help! I can't stop myself. My desire to own all the firearms I couldn't have or afford as a naive youngster is cutting into my mod budget. The purchases I've made in the last month would have more than finished the suspension and comfort mods that are on my to do list. I tell myself after a purchase, this is the last one concentrate on the bike. By myself answers back, man the bike is already pretty darn good, you can live with it this way. Besides that .44 is such a sweet deal. Oh remember you always wanted one of those Mini 14's.
I think I'd be better off with a drug addiciton. People seem to excuse that better than being a BITTER CLINGER.

I hear you. I bought 7 in the span of 18 months or so and then finally got a grip and stopped myself. I was even going to sell a few off but I think I'll keep what I have and not buy any more. Guns and motorcycles: its like peanut butter and jelly.

I have realized that I have way too many hobbies. Motorcycles, guns, surfing, fishing. I got rid of the hot rod. That is a step in the right direction, right?

I hear you. I bought 7 in the span of 18 months or so and then finally got a grip and stopped myself. I was even going to sell a few off but I think I'll keep what I have and not buy any more. Guns and motorcycles: its like peanut butter and jelly.

Yeah, and peanut butter and jelly is bad for you too....ha ha ha ha!! There must be an AA group for you guys....or would that be GBA? Gun Buyers Anonymous? :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

I don't know why I disappear from the forums for any length of time. You guys give me so much ammunition.....and amusement. I guess I should admit I have a quilting fabric addiction. My sewing room is clogged with it. I've made a breakthrough. The first step is admitting it.......now, what to do with it. :disturbed

Yeah, and peanut butter and jelly is bad for you too....ha ha ha ha!! There must be an AA group for you guys....or would that be GBA? Gun Buyers Anonymous? :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

I don't know why I disappear from the forums for any length of time. You guys give me so much ammunition.....and amusement. I guess I should admit I have a quilting fabric addiction. My sewing room is clogged with it. I've made a breakthrough. The first step is admitting it.......now, what to do with it. :disturbed

You and the Mr. could move to a warmer climate and join a nudest colony. They don't allow fabric, so that should do it!:scared0016:

Lee, I know on the other forums people outside the US (Europe especially) always get a kick out of us discussing guns. It gives them the feeling this really is the "Wild Wild West" or some giant cowboy country. Is Canada's gun laws about the same as ours or more like Europe? Can citizen's possess firearms under any circumstance?

Lee, I know on the other forums people outside the US (Europe especially) always get a kick out of us discussing guns. It gives them the feeling this really is the "Wild Wild West" or some giant cowboy country. Is Canada's gun laws about the same as ours or more like Europe? Can citizen's possess firearms under any circumstance?

Hand guns and assult rifles are strickly regulated. It takes time and money to even get a F.A.C. (firearms acquisition certificate) If you are married you must have signed consent from your spouse. To own a handgun you must be a member of a gun club and you can only carry to and from the range. Currently all guns must be registered, although the current government is trying to repeal the "long gun registry". The penalty for illegally importing a firearm into Canada is 10 years in prison. As a kid living in the country I am very familiar with rifles and have even fired a few handguns (.357, .38, and an over under .22 deringer).We even took riflery in highschool, and had a firing range in the basement of the school, (those were the days). Living in the (Canadian) city I don't feel the need to own a gun. I am more likely to get hit by a car than shot here. If I go on my Yukon wilderness trip I will be packing a pump action 12 guage Mossberg though, (legally of course).:smoking:

Well, there's always that quilt for the MBR Honey! ;)

My hobby is much worse.... I am a guy and I love to shop... motorcycle stuff, woodworking stuff, tools, power tools, anything with an engine.... At least I gave up one thing. No more PC Gaming. My last gaming rig was from 2007 and that was just put to pasture and made into the media center PC.

I am "Checks" and she is "Balances" and without balances, checks would ruin us! :D

I have a Remington 870 Shotgun that I love to trap and Skeet shoot with. Also have a short Mossberg barrel for it that I keep on it most of the time for home defense. It is a super reliable shotgun.

I also recently purchased a Ruger 10/22 with SS barrel and scope sighted in at 30 yards. Great little target shooter.

I personally find the shooting the moving clay targets with my shotgun to be much more fun and challenging than plinking a paper target with a rifle. I have no interest in hand guns.

I to always find way to many hobbies. I have a plethora of interests and am a master of nothing.

Here in NH, you can own anything outside of an automatic. You do not register them with anyone, nor do you notify any state or local agencies that you even own them. You can open carry the weapons outside of any government facility or vehicle. It is free and simple to get a Concealed Carry permit from you local police and you're only denied if you have any felony charges on you. This is part of what NH's motto means: "Live Free or Die" I can go buy a rifle today. I can buy a handgun but do have to wait for the 5 day background clearance. I can purchase any weapon from any "known" person to me or sell to anyone I "know" personally. There are no dealers or checking of backgrounds involved.

Another reason to love NH.... Of course, I can also drivel on about many reasons to hate NH too. :D

You could always combine both hobbies and push it to the max... Make or attach gun mounts to your motorcycle, and once you're out of room for the mounts and attached guns then you'll know you're fully upgraded. 2 birds with one stone?

Oldschool is right, alot of overregulating in Canada. I envy US gun law. I'm in Canada and own a Sprngfield Armory SD 9mm Tactical, Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum, Maverick Defender pistol grip tactical 12 guage, Winchester 16 guage cooey single shot, Mossberg 12 guage pump and a 75 year old Lee Enfield .303 Jungle Carbine that's modified with a scope and composite stock.....Guns and bikes.....Mmmmmmm. All that's mising is hot chcks and expensive whiskey.

Back